Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

WHMCS vs. Blesta

Advertisement Placeholder
I definitely would prefer WHMCS just because I have more experience with it and feel that it is way more affordable than Blesta.

I definitely would prefer WHMCS just because I have more experience with it and feel that it is way more affordable than Blesta.

Ugh unless I am mistaken Blesta is cheaper than WHMCS by miles. Even if you compared the 250 clients license vs. Blesta you can still save a few bucks or even more depending on where you buy the license.

Plus if your able to, the lifetime license is just 500 bucks "set and forget" with zero stings attached. Try finding WHMCS for even a lifetime anymore...

Ever since WHMCS screwed up their pricing scheme and collecting data I feel they shouldn't be, I feel like WHMCS is hitting the fans. Blesta may not the one to replace it but people are slowly getting tired and seeking options.

Ugh unless I am mistaken Blesta is cheaper than WHMCS by miles. Even if you compared the 250 clients license vs. Blesta you can still save a few bucks or even more depending on where you buy the license.

Plus if your able to, the lifetime license is just 500 bucks "set and forget" with zero stings attached. Try finding WHMCS for even a lifetime anymore...

Ever since WHMCS screwed up their pricing scheme and collecting data I feel they shouldn't be, I feel like WHMCS is hitting the fans. Blesta may not the one to replace it but people are slowly getting tired and seeking options.

Blesta is cheaper in the long run, I agree. This was my mistake I was calculating savings based on short-term bases and overlooked the long term.

The only thing with Blesta is that if you want to add multiple companies, that's when the fees start to roll in and make things more expensive.

In terms of WHMCS collecting data, mind linking me to an article on this?

Blesta is cheaper in the long run, I agree. This was my mistake I was calculating savings based on short-term bases and overlooked the long term.

The only thing with Blesta is that if you want to add multiple companies, that's when the fees start to roll in and make things more expensive.

In terms of WHMCS collecting data, mind linking me to an article on this?

Thank you for your understanding in such matter.

I sorta gotcha where you coming from, an addon company license fee does applies. But doesn't WHMCS limit you to one domain as well and/or have a similar system in place?

As for data collection I mentioned that I and certain providers feel like they are. I am with them at that rate because logically they has to place/record/etc client limits right? Plus even if they didn't how would they even gotten "limits"? It's not like they can get these limitations out of thin air right?

Thank you for your understanding in such matter.
As for data collection I mentioned that I and certain providers feel like they are. I am with them at that rate because logically they has to place/record/etc client limits right? Plus even if they didn't how would they even gotten "limits"? It's not like they can get these limitations out of thin air right?

I wouldn't go around saying they are "collecting data" when there is no evidence to back up your statement as of right now (I haven't done any research myself, but there hasn't been anything to prove from any of my news sources). Can't they just have it written in their software to limit the active users? They don't have to have it come back to a central database or anything. I haven't read the ToS or anything, there might be something in there about it.

If you do happen to find any links, hit me up with it because I am very interested in this.

Also sorry if I'm coming across as a jerk! I guess I'm just in an arguing mood :p

I wouldn't go around saying they are "collecting data" when there is no evidence to back up your statement as of right now (I haven't done any research myself, but there hasn't been anything to prove from any of my news sources). Can't they just have it written in their software to limit the active users? They don't have to have it come back to a central database or anything. I haven't read the ToS or anything, there might be something in there about it.

If you do happen to find any links, hit me up with it because I am very interested in this.

I never said that they ARE, I am just stating that I as well as certain providers are feeling like this is happening. Due to the new scheme.

As for limiting I believe there are a few logical ways they can do this...

1. Fetch the amount of clients then "true" or "false" the license.
2. Internally calculate the amount of clients then fetch the "true" or "false" state to the central base.

So in the first case say that you have 100 clients out of 250. If the setup is like that then they would splits out that "100" then return a "true" statement "back" to the license installed.

In the latter it would query the "100" internally (on your machine) THEN splits out the "true" to WHMCS licensing servers.

So the best that I can logically think of that they can still walk away with an approximate amount of clients that you have.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds