Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Which is the best Domain?

Naiwen

Reputable member
Credits
A. com, a .info, or a .org, or a .co.uk or something else? I dunno, I don't use any domains because its just a site for pleasure and fun.

Advertisement Placeholder
It depends on the site!! Some sites sound better with a .net i.e. Philosophybb.net sounds better than Philosophybb.com. However in general .com's are the way to go :)

.me and the like are great if you have something that works with them such as unblock.me or unblock4.me AND if you can get 1 or 2 word domains with them :)

I guess it depends on what you are going to be using it as, if it's a network of sites go .net, if it's a one of domain go a .com, if it's informational go .info

Also .me are great for personal pages, portfolios and such

I believe that whilst .coms are generally regarded as 'the'' domain to have, it does as stated above depend on your preferences and what you are using it for. If you're making a site about a tv show, maybe a .tv would be better (As I've seen locally). .coms are regarded as the creme de la creme of domains and rightfully so but so many people use .info, .org and whatnot because it fits better with their name. It's all about choice and what the site is about in my eyes.

HAHHAAHAHHA when has anyone used .org for "non profit organisations"

You have two choices:

SEO: (High Level Domain)
Branding: (Good Name/Low Level Domain) (Relies on other sources other than SEO)

HAHHAAHAHHA when has anyone used .org for "non profit organisations"

You have two choices:

SEO: (High Level Domain)
Branding: (Good Name/Low Level Domain) (Relies on other sources other than SEO)

http://www.unesco.org/
http://www.wwf.org.uk/

They are two that I know, I'm sure there are many more. I can see wat you mean though, like I said. It is all down to the personal preference/choice of the company/person buying the domain in my eyes.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 77.4%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds