Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Which colour is your favorite?

Advertisement Placeholder
I don't know that colour 😂 forgive me, I'm not too familiar with all colours.
It's said that men don't really know colours well according to my mother. How true do you think that is?
This is somewhat true. Men, generally, have fewer photoreceptors in the eyes for determining colour - our vision historically was about focusing on a target and so on for hunting. We have more of the photoreceptors for seeing light and dark (so we can be night-time hunters etc) too.

But women historically had better peripheral vision and better colour vision in general - peripheral vision to watch for predators/external threats, colour vision for better ability to distinguish which foods may be safe and which ones not so much.

While society has changed greatly, our evolution hasn't caught up yet. And there are exceptions on both sides but those are the general trends.

This is somewhat true. Men, generally, have fewer photoreceptors in the eyes for determining colour - our vision historically was about focusing on a target and so on for hunting. We have more of the photoreceptors for seeing light and dark (so we can be night-time hunters etc) too.

But women historically had better peripheral vision and better colour vision in general - peripheral vision to watch for predators/external threats, colour vision for better ability to distinguish which foods may be safe and which ones not so much.

While society has changed greatly, our evolution hasn't caught up yet. And there are exceptions on both sides but those are the general trends.
I was initially thinking that it was just a problem with me only but as time goes on, I keep seeing other men make the mistake I like I do with calling colour A what it's not because they don't know it. It's why I don't stress myself too much with getting involved with too many colours but stick with the usuals I'm very familiar with.

Green has been my favourite for most of my life. There was one period during which it switched to red, but it went back to green after a couple of years.

My second favourite is blue. I'll also give an honourable mention to turquoise - but listing "green, blue and turquoise" as my three favourite colours just feels like cheating!

My favourite colour is purple.
When I was younger, it was pink but as I got older, I liked the colour purple a lot more.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 75.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds