Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

When to put ads on a site?

Advertisement Placeholder
If you have the intent to place ads on your site, then I think you should do it at the beginning. Choose your spots, and place them because at least the users will get used to them from the start. The negative side of that, is some users will think you're out just for the money.

Those are my thoughts.

I think at the start there shouldn't be any ads on the site and then around about the 3rd-4th month that is when you should add the ads.

It depends on the situation. If your site was originally ad free and you just up and put ads on it out of no where, then people may get upset. If you do put them at the beginning, then there is no reason for them to get upset about it later.
But still as the site grows so usually does the cost of running it, and then in order to maintain the quality and also minimise the cost for the owner it would be good to add ads in certain places and just let the members know what it is for.

But still as the site grows so usually does the cost of running it, and then in order to maintain the quality and also minimise the cost for the owner it would be good to add ads in certain places and just let the members know what it is for.
Although that is true, you would be surprised how many people would consider donating to the site. I have had people donate to My Gaming Forum already with no benifits added to it.

Although that is true, you would be surprised how many people would consider donating to the site. I have had people donate to My Gaming Forum already with no benifits added to it.
Does your site offer something that most other gaming sites don't though?

At the moment? No. Just another ordinary gaming forum. But we are implementing something soon which will be the first to do so.
Good luck! My site has just opened and am trying to find something to add. I'm thinking about having a monthly arcade competition where members earn a prize, hope it brings in more activity

Placing them on your site from the beginning is ideal but then again you also need some kind of sense of how well they are going to do if you do place them right at the beginning and if it will be worth it to add them in then or to wait a little while. I agree with JLogan above, to have them there from the start means people will get used to them because they are there. To avoid guests thinking you are just doing it for the money maybe start out minimal and then build a little or work a strategy to have more ads but so it is not noticeable to an extent.

Here is the thing, once you have a good amount of visitors per day, then you can start putting ads up. I wouldn't put too many ads though. If you want to build a trusted site that people always come back to, less ads would be preferable.

The reason for that is you want people to keep coming back. The more ad clusters you have on your site, the less people will trust you. I wouldn't trust a website too much if it has more than 6 clusters of ads on 1 page.

It would depend on what your ultimate goal is. If your goal is to make a quick buck, it wouldn't matter if you put a few pop-up ads and ads that don't relate to anything your content is about.

If however you plan to keep your audience long term, you probably don't want to bombard them with ads, but rather ads that could relate to the content you write. And NEVER use pop up ads. Those annoy the hell out of me. I have never returned to a site if they have annoying pop-up ads or those huge-ass ads that cover the entire screen that I have to skip.

You can put ads from day one or a few days later, it is totally up to you.

I prefer to wait a few days before I put ads.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds