Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

When leaving a forum, do you say Goodbye?

Website
holisticallysecular.proboards.com
Credits
Regardless of the reason you are leaving. If I have to leave a forum due to spam being overrun or it’s not moderated well & I honestly wouldn’t be missed, I just leave without a word. They are not around to hear my comments anyways.
Now if I made good friends & they were helpful, I try to let them know I am leaving & why. The people are nice but the forum is simply not for ME anymore.
Flipside, how do you view it when people leave YOUR forum?
I’ve had many members leave without a word. It can hurt to some degree especially when they were active posters & for one reason or another just upped & left. Maybe I offended them. Maybe another member did. If it’s not talked about, the problem cannot be fixed. I feel a forum is only as good as the members.

Advertisement Placeholder
I rarely announce my departure when I leave a forum. In terms of friends, most of them I would have other ways of contacting them. I've been known to quit a specific message board for a period of time and come back later, so it's not always goodbye for me.

If members didn't want to announce their departure on my forum, I think I would understand. There are various reasons why someone may leave a forum and a lot of times its just life getting in the way.

I don't see it as necessity to say goodbye when leaving forum. And you don't have to dislike a forum before you leave. You can leave a forum for many reasons. If you leave and people who felt your absence contact you, you explain to them. From experience, if you quit a forum, there's high tendency that nobody will contact you. In my country will say "soldier go; Soldier come.

Honestly, it depends on the reason.

If it's because I've fallen out with people there, then I might - but, that's rare. Usually, when I 'leave' a forum, it's because I gradually drift away and eventually, without making a conscious decision to stop visiting, just forget about it altogether.

I don't allow goodbye threads unless it's a reason that has to be known to members. If someone is leaving because they're mad, then leave. If they're leaving due to mental health issues, then it's okay to let people know so they can pray for them.

I don't really do goodbye threads, but I'll let a few people know and also let them know where to find me.

No, I can't say that I do say goodbye when I leave a forum. I feel that if I am wanting to leave a forum it is because I am no longer happy there and me leaving wouldn't even worry them. I only ever leave a forum if it's over ran with spam, if the running of the forum is not up to par anymore or if the forum completely dies off. The only time I have made anything close to a goodbye thread is when I had to leave forums for a while due to personal issues but my intention was to come back when things got better.

Plane Airport GIF by APM

This came in my mind when reading the thread title. :p But yeah, in these 20 years I think I've done it a handful times. Otherwise I'd just leave and never come back.

The thing about those who flounce and leave and announce their departure is that you can *bet* they'll be back. Announcing departure is usually a sign of ego and seeking attention and leaving generally means they're not going to be getting attention at all, so inevitably they'll be back sooner or later.

Way I see it, sometimes I leave and I might come back, because life is unpredictable and we find ourselves taking a path we didn't expect - so better not to stack the deck against myself either.

It depends on the reason why I'm leaving the forum that's going to determine if I would say goodbye or not. If it was because of bad management and poor moderators at their work, I wouldn't care about saying goodbye. It happened with me and VGR. If I'm leaving in a good will, I would most likely say goodbye since nothing bad it making me go.

I have very rarely said good bye for a long term reason. I have announced I would be away before when that was kind of a popular thing. I typically do communicate with someone if I'm purposely not going there anymore, but I don't really do that. The more frequented reason is just that I forgot about the forum.

When people left my forum without a word I always worried what did we do wrong, what could we have done to keep them around more. I would love actual feedback being given to know what could be improved upon. Often times the complaint is "People don't really talk"... I still have not figured out how to change that.

It really depends how dramatic I'm feeling :p

There are times I've just quietly disappeared, no need to make a fuss, just 'I don't want to participate any more'. And there are times I've had some pretty raging arguments.

I have never posted this video in such a way but maybe next time...

It really depends how dramatic I'm feeling :p

There are times I've just quietly disappeared, no need to make a fuss, just 'I don't want to participate any more'. And there are times I've had some pretty raging arguments.

I have never posted this video in such a way but maybe next time...

I love that song... that would be an epic goodbye lol.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 77.4%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds