Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

When advertisers want a refund

Beverly

Renowned member
Credits
Have you ever encountered a situation where an advertiser demanded a refund after getting his site advertised for the full amount of time paid for on your site? Maybe he complained there weren't enough impressions on the banner or specified some other reason. Do you offer refunds? How do you handle requests for refunds?

Advertisement Placeholder
I've never been in such situation, but if I was I wouldn't offer any kind of refund if they've advertised their website for the full period of time - that's just an attempt at a scam in my opinion.

I've never been in such situation, but if I was I wouldn't offer any kind of refund if they've advertised their website for the full period of time - that's just an attempt at a scam in my opinion.

My opinion also agrees with this.

With WebGuruBB, our header ad and banner ads are paid per thousand impressions. So if they get all the impressions they paid for then want a refund, that is not going to happen. Not only would they have taken the money back that earned us, but they also took money away from another advertiser who might have wanted that spot so they took double the income that spot could have generated us.

All our ad sales are final. If they ever did a dispute or something along those lines, I would never work with the advertiser again, and ban their links on my sites.

It is a different story though if they just purchased it. If they bought one and only used a bit of the impressions I would certainly refund them.

If you haven't started their campaign then just refund the full amount, but if they ask for a refund while their campaign is active then give them the remaining balance. So if you charge $30 per month and they asked for a refund half way through their campaign, refund $15.

I have never had this situation with private advertisers but I would never offer them a refund (unless the campaign hadn't already started). Traffic fluctuates, banners can be badly designed and it is the job of the buyer to research whether or not the ad slot/ deal will be successful for them.

Everyone should make sure to clearly state refund policies before selling ad space. That way there will not be any problems in the future. Being a publisher is tough so you do not want to get into a little complication and lose valuable income.

Never been in this situation and I did once allow paid advertising on a site I was running however if someone did to this to me I would be very reluctant to pay them a full refund especially if they had the full time in which I charged them for with the banner being viewable. In my eyes this would be a scam and not something I am willing to give in to.

Never has happened to me yet, but I don't allow much advertisements on PromotionBoss.

I may start advertising again in the future.

Never happened to me either, but if I did, I would not allow it, unless I made an error, or there was site downtime when his ad was up.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds