Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

WhatsApp or Discord?

Credits
Between WhatsApp and Discord, which one do you feel more comfortable and convenient making use of? Why would you choose WhatsApp over Discord and vice versa? I asked someone and she told me that giving people her phone number is the biggest turn off for using WhatsApp. It's why she go with using Discord.

Do you like WhatsApp or Discord?

Advertisement Placeholder
I use WhatsApp a lot more than I use Discord.
I don't remember the last time I used Discord but I use WhatsApp almost every day.

Or Slack or Skype or Telegram!

I use all of these, it just depends to what person or user I'm talking to. Telegram and Discord have some great groups.

I hardly use Skype for anything. I had a client from Seoclerks who asked me to reach out to her on Skype since February 2022 but she never responded. I will be uninstalling the app by 1st January 2024.

I use Slack for work purposes which is a great platform. The cryptocurrency scam spams on Telegram drove me away from using it often.

There's definitely common groups that use certain systems. Slack and Teams are popular for professional work purposes.

Didn't know about the cryptocurrency scam on Telegram, that sucks to hear. I keep a pretty tight group of users who are all in the same niche.

There's definitely common groups that use certain systems. Slack and Teams are popular for professional work purposes.

Didn't know about the cryptocurrency scam on Telegram, that sucks to hear. I keep a pretty tight group of users who are all in the same niche.

I make use of Binance Cryptocurrency Exchange and I'm in their official Telegram group. There are so many scammers in the same group as well. They always bump my DM bringing one useless scam or another. I know well not to give them any sort of attention.

Ah okay. Yes, if you're into cryptocurrency, it's going to be a Wild West. Hope nobody gets scammed and they all get blocked eventually.

The greedy and gullible individuals get scammed because that's how one falls for scam in the first place. Those scammers know well not to say jack in the group, that's why they do their thing in your DM. If they are blocked from the Telegram group, they can easily create a new account and join back as long as they have access to the link of the group.

Telegram has always prided itself on encryption and privacy, so I can see more bad actors on Telegram. There are definitely some people in my niche selling fake content packs (pay $500 to get exclusive access to ABC!!), but they're so obviously fake and you can get the content freely from other sources.

When you get to the size of millions of users as a platform, you're unfortunately going to encounter a set of problems that little forums like is will never have.

I know every forum wants to grow big, but there are some genuine benefits to being smaller and under the radar.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds