Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Whats your thoughts on posting comps to get more content?

Sean Quinn

Reputable member
Website
thesqpost.wordpress.com
Credits
What is your thoughts on forums running posting competitions to get more content on their forums quicker? :p I have done this before on previous forums i have owned, and i am on the fence, because it can generate good activity on your forum and get some new members in, but on the other hand, you can end up with alot of spam like posts from members just increasing their post count to try win. :p Would you ever have a posting competition on your forum? :p Have you ever ran one before? :p Whats your thoughts on forum posting competitions in general?

Advertisement Placeholder
What is your thoughts on forums running posting competitions to get more content on their forums quicker? :yum: I have done this before on previous forums i have owned, and i am on the fence, because it can generate good activity on your forum and get some new members in, but on the other hand, you can end up with alot of spam like posts from members just increasing their post count to try win. :yum: Would you ever have a posting competition on your forum? :yum: Have you ever ran one before? :yum: Whats your thoughts on forum posting competitions in general?

That is of course with any competitions and why disqualification policies are put into competitions. Because if there a prize of some sort people are going to cheat. You just don't know who going to do so.

Yeah i totally agree with the spamming and not so good content points youse are making. P but I do think a posting comp can revive a forum temporarily and then hope the admin can take advantage of the short (few weeks) activity boost and try to keep those people around afterwards. :p

Yeah i totally agree with the spamming and not so good content points youse are making. P but I do think a posting comp can revive a forum temporarily and then hope the admin can take advantage of the short (few weeks) activity boost and try to keep those people around afterwards. :yum:

Then you're deluded. Once the money dries up, people leave and go to the next site that has money.

For the most part, posting competitions only offer a temporary spike in activity. I don't know if you'd necessarily say that's a bad thing, but I don't think it really offers any benefits over the long haul.... Besides inflated statistics. I'd say offering small incentives to consistent contributors every so often is more practical, and probably more effective.

I've run a few and am actually currently running one on a brand new forum through the end of January. I agree that posting competitions encourage activity on a forum. I also think offering rewards to the winners that are forum related such as forum currency, custom titles, custom username colors, and the likes is a great way to get people motivated in participating in such contests.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds