Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

What's your thought on Paid Facebook Groups?

Mike30

Renowned member
Website
microlikes.com
Credits
I run some small fb groups on a couple of niches. Maintaining those groups is a job, I spent more time weeding out scammers than in anything else.

I got tired of it and made groups private for some time and the same, screening members before I let them in was a job with countless hours spent.

I went further, I set a paid subscription to compensate the time I spend in keeping up the community.

New users put the request to join all the time, but without reading the description about "This is a Paid group to join ” with a link to the subscriptions.

The results is that the group has stopped growing dramatically.

Any suggestions? What are your thoughts?

Advertisement Placeholder
Dramatically or at all? Are people still signing up? Depends upon what the intention of the group is. If it’s just to offer help/support then people who want the help will pay. Although if they can’t see the content of the group they may not take the risk. If you make something out of people being members then it’s maybe an idea to let people join for free. Really it’s down to your intentions.

What is the group for and how much does it cost to join? Is it a one off free or an ongoing subscription?

I personally wouldn’t pay to join a FB group unless it benefited me considerably (i.e. cheap flight deals). But I’m already in a number of free groups that cover cheap flight deals so a paid alternative would really have to off something more to get me to consider paying.

What is the group for and how much does it cost to join? Is it a one off free or an ongoing subscription?

I personally wouldn’t pay to join a FB group unless it benefited me considerably (i.e. cheap flight deals). But I’m already in a number of free groups that cover cheap flight deals so a paid alternative would really have to off something more to get me to consider paying.
The group if for those who are looking for pet transportation (breeders and pet owners) to post their request (From - To )and for pet transporters to post their routes.
There are many other free groups, but they are full of scammers with fake profiles and administrators of those group doesn't seem to bother. Its a total mess.

I did set up 4 memberships:
1- $5.95/year for pet breeders
2- $5.95/year for pet Transporters
3- $6.95/year for Breeders/Transporters
4- $0.99/year for Pet owners (those with maybe once in a while request)

i wouldn’t pay to join a group on Facebook, I understand there’s a lot of moderation that is needed on there but their are other groups I’d check out first before wanting to pay, especially a yearly fee. It almost seems like a scam to pay to join a group on Facebook.

You should add more moderators and have admin accept members after going over their profiles and such.

Last edited:
I help moderate one Facebook group that requires a paid membership to the Admin's main website. He sells courses on his website, hosted by Kajabi, and there is a community on the website, but then they created a Facebook group for membership subscribers as well. But membership gives you access to courses, a weekly or monthly live Q&A session, and some other perks, so it's not like people are paying for the actual Facebook group.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds