Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

What's your favorite type of forum to own/manage?

Beverly

Renowned member
Credits
I'd love to own/admin a beauty related forum. My blogging niche is beauty/health anyway and it's super easy to write about.

Right now, I own a general chat forum and that's always fun to manage as I get to move around from one subject to the next and keep things interesting. Though it's tough getting posts in all categories.

And, I can't really merge too many forums or it will just be one very long 'general chat' category and that defeats the purpose of a general chat forum, where you need more categories.

I've considered starting an internet marketing forum but there are just so many on the internet with immense competition. Just don't feel up to the challenge now, so i don't think it would be as enjoyable as simply being a member on one.

What's your favorite type of forum to own/manage?

Advertisement Placeholder
I have owned a couple forums in the past and it really comes to what you like. You should never force to do a specific forum niche for money or because its very popular. It has to be something you enjoy. The staff has to know about it and enjoy it. I had a general chat forum in the past. It started to get more technology based which I loved myself so I made it into a technology site with graphics, coding, computers, technology with the general section.

So if I had to decide then It would be a general or tech forum.

I've owned my General chat forum now for 3 years. its been a lot of work, as you've said gettting topics into all categories and such, but i wouldn't trade the work for anything. :)

I really like running general chat boards, they always been my most successful. I've tried my hand at gaming but they usually die out faster than anything. I've also ran promotion forums but you know how most of those turn out.

I really want to try my hand at a design forum, never done that before so I'm interested in doing it. Got a lot of ideas circling around and it's gonna be the bomb!

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds