Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

What's your admin weaknesses?

Advertisement Placeholder
Because I have issues with dysthymia and self-worth I will sometimes question my ability to do things, and that can lead me to stagnate at times. This is mostly limited to my own forums, as I try to be active on other forums where I'm on staff, but I admit it does still happen at times. I feel like things I decide can be idiotic or not in the best interest of the community, whether that's true or not is another matter, but it is something I struggle with at times. In terms of how I deal with it, I tend to walk away for a bit, clear my head and come back with a fresh perspective. That helps a lot of the time.

Because I have issues with dysthymia and self-worth I will sometimes question my ability to do things, and that can lead me to stagnate at times. This is mostly limited to my own forums, as I try to be active on other forums where I'm on staff, but I admit it does still happen at times. I feel like things I decide can be idiotic or not in the best interest of the community, whether that's true or not is another matter, but it is something I struggle with at times. In terms of how I deal with it, I tend to walk away for a bit, clear my head and come back with a fresh perspective. That helps a lot of the time.
I'm not a professional but I felt like that at one time.

It led to a depressing life to say the least.

What helped me was to find my passion. My passion ended up being hiking and cycling - being in nature in particular. Once I started obsessing over those passions, life started dramatically improving. My bad thoughts about me, left. I don't have them at all anymore.

Maybe that advice can help you.

I'm not a professional but I felt like that at one time.

It led to a depressing life to say the least.
Oh absolutely, hyper-fixation on things you do wrong is an easy way to hit depressive lows. I try not to, but when your brain is so accustomed to depression it becomes a bit of a reflex.
What helped me was to find my passion. My passion ended up being hiking and cycling - being in nature in particular. Once I started obsessing over those passions, life started dramatically improving. My bad thoughts about me, left. I don't have them at all anymore.

Maybe that advice can help you.
I used to be extremely passionate about bowling, it was a great activity for me because it didn't trigger my social anxiety issues, it was something active I was doing for myself, and I was good at it. Then I had issue after issue with my legs and I just can't do it anymore. I'm trying to find a different passion, but in all honesty my main passion has and probably will continue to be forums. I love everything about them, they're fun and good to work with. Dysthymia is something I've been dealing with since I was a young teenage, it hits me hard at times and makes me question myself.

I wish i could code more and do things for myself, unfortunately, I rely on the work of others. I guess my advertisement isn't always the best as well.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds