Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Whats something about yourself that you dislike but can't improve?

ChrisG2010

Reputable member
Credits
Question is in the title.
I hate that I bite my fingernails and pick at them, even to the point where they hurt. I've tried my best and the furthest I have come is around 2 weeks.

So, what is yours?

Advertisement Placeholder
Whats something about yourself that you hate but can't improve?

The golden rule to love yourself is never hate for who you are. Instead of "referring" as pure "hatefulness" they should be instead to be called and treated as difficulties.

To better understand this concept I will provide an actual difficulty that directly relates to what I am venturing into. As well to mention on why I don't under any circumstances "hate" myself for "having" such.

As a number of people already aware of I am venturing into providing website hosting servicing. As with any hosting ventures your going to need man the system(s) themselves and most of that is handled by a thing called a command line interface or CLI for short.

When I was younger I used to venture into trying to grasp such in order to do "everything" myself but eventually after I talked to someone I failed to realize why I having so much difficulties with such... It's all boiled down to me requiring visuals. Given that the CLI is obviously void of such I knew I had to do something about it. So at the end of the day...

I found the most affordable and understanding provider that I can find to deploy and help me maintain my "to be" hosting business despite this difficulty of my. :smiley:

So with that said...
I hate that I bite my fingernails and pick at them, even to the point where they hurt. I've tried my best and the furthest I have come is around 2 weeks.

I think you still have hope to overcome this difficulty of yours. For instance there could be two reasons why your mind is doing this...

1. Something is occurring that causing you to do this, for example your scared or nervous about something
And/or
2. You are receiving "positively" when doing such, think like how people smoke or get drunk

With such in mind you might to be able to eventually "get the bottom of it" and either...
1. Stop it altogether
2. Or "mitigate" such actions to actions that would not exhibit such harm to yourself yet "trick" and/or "distract" your mind enough to not even think about doing it

I've updated the title to say "Dislike" rather than "hate".
Adding onto what you said, I believe I do it when I know I have something important coming up or just completely bored.
The two week period that I was actually able to go without doing so, I put much effort into reminding myself "No!" every time I started to put my hand towards my mouth. It just came back to me and one day I managed to bite one fingernail and I tried to prevent doing my others, but once I hit that one, I peeled the rest because I already had one that was done. -_-

I've updated the title to say "Dislike" rather than "hate".
Adding onto what you said, I believe I do it when I know I have something important coming up or just completely bored.
The two week period that I was actually able to go without doing so, I put much effort into reminding myself "No!" every time I started to put my hand towards my mouth. It just came back to me and one day I managed to bite one fingernail and I tried to prevent doing my others, but once I hit that one, I peeled the rest because I already had one that was done. -_-

I can indeed understand better on what's going on here. If your able to...

1. Manage important matters in a manner that doesn't make you nervous and/or frustrating
And/or
2.Do something else that doesn't harm you, for example some people squeeze a "stress ball" whenever something is not feeling right.

The goal here is either get rid of what and/or how your handling such. If able to be taken seriously I believe that such difficult habit your having can be "broken" and for good. :)

I can indeed understand better on what's going on here. If your able to...

1. Manage important matters in a manner that doesn't make you nervous and/or frustrating
And/or
2.Do something else that doesn't harm you, for example some people squeeze a "stress ball" whenever something is not feeling right.

The goal here is either get rid of what and/or how your handling such. If able to be taken seriously I believe that such difficult habit your having can be "broken" and for good. :smiley:
A lot of it had to do with my debt and all the work and deadlines I was having to meet with my home. Now that my home is sold and closed on and the money is being used to pay off debt, the center-block is being lifted off my shoulders. Next year (possibly late 2018), I will be 100% debt free. From $130,000 to $0. That's a good feeling as I have tripled-down on paying off my debt and stopped paying minimum payments and started sending 2-3 times the payment. Going about my day worry-free is definitely going to be something that will help me kick this bad ole' habit. Hopefully.

A lot of it had to do with my debt and all the work and deadlines I was having to meet with my home. Now that my home is sold and closed on and the money is being used to pay off debt, the center-block is being lifted off my shoulders. Next year (possibly late 2018), I will be 100% debt free. From $130,000 to $0. That's a good feeling as I have tripled-down on paying off my debt and stopped paying minimum payments and started sending 2-3 times the payment. Going about my day worry-free is definitely going to be something that will help me kick this bad ole' habit. Hopefully.

Indeed if you "shrink" that 130k into smaller chunks you may be able to kick it sooner as typically one will feel similar pleasure. Despite the smaller goals that one set up.

Indeed if you "shrink" that 130k into smaller chunks you may be able to kick it sooner as typically one will feel similar pleasure. Despite the smaller goals that one set up.
I'm actually down to $23,000 from the $130,000. So, that definitely helps with the stress.
I've also thought about this one stuff you can put on your fingernails. Its like fingernail polish but it is odorless and it is also clear. The catch? It tastes absolutely horrible! I figure if I do that, it will make me think twice about doing it until I get into the habit of not doing it.

The catch? It tastes absolutely horrible! I figure if I do that, it will make me think twice about doing it until I get into the habit of not doing it.
Indeed hey if you can shock rats away from dangerous power, you should be able to do the same with the bad taste. In fact Nintendo does this for their DS based cartridges from keeping children from holding such coking hazards in their mouths. By adding a chemical that make it taste like absolute disgusting. :)

Indeed hey if you can shock rats away from dangerous power, you should be able to do the same with the bad taste. In fact Nintendo does this for their DS based cartridges from keeping children from holding such coking hazards in their mouths. By adding a chemical that make it taste like absolute disgusting. :smiley:
Really? I never knew such a thing existed with those. Ha! Let me see if I can find anything that is somewhat affordable :p

Really? I never knew such a thing existed with those. Ha! Let me see if I can find anything that is somewhat affordable :yum:

Yes I saw it on Youtube that Nintendo does in fact does this for their cartridges. Think of those tiny ones that you insert into the DS. Gross but I guess it's better than dying kids right? :)

Well, postponing everything to the last minute is my weakness. It's always been like that. Even during my examinations, I don't study until the very last minute. Thankfully I am a quick learner, otherwise I would have been forced to quit school or college. Not just studies, it effects my other duties as well.

The household chores, applying for something....I can go on and on. Anyway, you must have gotten some sort of picture right? Well, that's me struggling everyday to get things done, because of my bad habit of postponing stuff.

I also, got the habit of being overcautious. I always, make sure that I got plenty of cash with me. I am not talking about cards and such or the amount in the back account....I am talking about actual cash. Well, the locals, they do expect me to pay in cash and you could get almost anything if you give the cash, so instead of cards, I prefer carrying cash.
I dislike this habit too...but I can't help it.

Indeed hey if you can shock rats away from dangerous power, you should be able to do the same with the bad taste. In fact Nintendo does this for their DS based cartridges from keeping children from holding such coking hazards in their mouths. By adding a chemical that make it taste like absolute disgusting. :smiley:

I just licked one of my 3DS games and didn't taste anything too disgusting. Tastes like plastic.

I just licked one of my 3DS games and didn't taste anything too disgusting. Tastes like plastic.

First of off that was gross already and secondly I am too not sure on the specifics either. I just know that they do it for those cartridges and such.

They do that so people don't end up choking on these plastic things.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds