Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What's holding you back from creating a forum?

That is very true. It would take a certain type of person to be able to think outside the box and come up with something completely different, and sadly I don't think I can work miracles like that! Plus, I think this time around I would want a 'big board', as I've had small/medium forums in the past, but I think that's just a pipe dream.
Big boards just takes years of dedication and commitment. Not to mention a lot of luck and top quality content.

Most people don't have the knowledge on how to run a forum, some don't have the money required to do so and some just don't have the time to do it even if they had the knowledge and money needed to set up and run a community. When all these three variables plays together for any one interested in starting a forum, it's going to be mission impossible for the person to own a forum.

Time is my biggest concern. I have been considering and considering opening a forum... but I just am concerned what if I don't have the amount of time necessary to support the community. How much time is the right amount of time? I'm also not informed on hosting really since I've never had to do that on my end - so that's a little like WOAH. -shrug-

I don't have the time, money and technical knowledge required these days to successfully launch and run a forum. I don't see myself starting a forum until I have all three of them.

I have two already. And they’re time intensive, especially when working full time and raising a family.
I really want to open a Star Wars forum but I fear if I did it now I would not be successful as I’d be spreading myself too thin.

I don't think I'd ever start another forum. Partially the time, partially the fact that everyone else seems to be moving in a direction I don't want to go in.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor