Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What's a good job to get at 18?

erik

Recognized member
Credits
I was a cashier at a Pizza Store. It was an easy job to get and not too bad. I would have rather been just a bagger or something so I didn't have to deal with customers though what do you think :(

Advertisement Placeholder
Honestly, dealing with customers is a good skill to have later in life. Being able to work with people is something you have to do on a daily basis. Like Cameron said, I also believe that all minimum wage type jobs are great as a job to learn skills and make money.

I'm a student but I do work part time, I'm the guy that rings your home telephone and tries to sell you stuff that no one ever wants, yes I work in a call centre, I'm only 18 myself and the pay is great for what it is, I get £10.40 per hour.

I started at Walmart when I was 18, and now I'm 21. Don't get trapped. Get away as fast as you can, man.

The money is good though. :tearsofjoy:
Especially for an 18 year old making above $12 dollars an hour... haha. I've been trying to find better jobs, I already gave my managers a 5 month heads up that I'm leaving.

We're super understaffed so I do almost every job except for being a CSM, so they need to find a replacement haha.

Especially for an 18 year old making above $12 dollars an hour... haha. I've been trying to find better jobs, I already gave my managers a 5 month heads up that I'm leaving.

We're super understaffed so I do almost every job except for being a CSM, so they need to find a replacement haha.

I'm a CSM. I've always worked on the front end, so it's basically all I know. Anyways, every Walmart is understaffed right now. They're cutting hours like crazy in preparation for the holiday madness.

I'm a CSM. I've always worked on the front end, so it's basically all I know. Anyways, every Walmart is understaffed right now. They're cutting hours like crazy in preparation for the holiday madness.
Yea, we just don't have anyone in general... Haven't for almost a year!

Yea, we just don't have anyone in general... Haven't for almost a year!

My weekends have been miserable lately. The schedule across the store has been absolute trash, and the front end doesn't really have a Code 10 right now. I basically don't have a supervisor. My supervisor went on vacation for about two weeks, and when she got back, she was immediately moved overnight, to replace an overnight Code 10 that was terminated a couple weeks ago. We've basically had no supervision for the last month. :p

My weekends have been miserable lately. The schedule across the store has been absolute trash, and the front end doesn't really have a Code 10 right now. I basically don't have a supervisor. My supervisor went on vacation for about two weeks, and when she got back, she was immediately moved overnight, to replace an overnight Code 10 that was terminated a couple weeks ago. We've basically had no supervision for the last month. :yum:
Walmart sucks.. Too bad no one else around me hires for that amount.

Have you been looking to quit or have the yearly evals raised your wage too much?

Last edited:
Walmart sucks.. Too bad no one else around me hires for that amount.

Have you been looking to quit or has the yearly evals raised your wage too much?

I live in a small town, so any jobs with higher wages would most likely involve me commuting to Nashville or Clarksville on a daily basis, and I'm hesitant to do that. There aren't a lot of jobs that pay the same wages, but the ones that do typically involve working morning hours during the weeks, and I cannot do that since I'm still in college. Walmart is great when it comes to working with my availability, and that's why I'm still there.

I live in a small town, so any jobs with higher wages would most likely involve me commuting to Nashville or Clarksville on a daily basis, and I'm hesitant to do that. There aren't a lot of jobs that pay the same wages, but the ones that do typically involve working morning hours during the weeks, and I cannot do that since I'm still in college. Walmart is great when it comes to working with my availability, and that's why I'm still there.
They are a good employer, I've honestly felt it's the best real job I've had.. Not that I've had that many.

They are a good employer, I've honestly felt it's the best real job I've had.. Not that I've had that many.

It's the only job I've had, so I don't know. At some point, I'd like to move on. Hopefully sooner rather than later. I'd be okay with taking a pay cut, if it meant that I was gaining experience in business, tech, writing, or something along those lines.

It's the only job I've had, so I don't know. At some point, I'd like to move on. Hopefully sooner rather than later. I'd be okay with taking a pay cut, if it meant that I was gaining experience in business, tech, writing, or something along those lines.
At this point in my life I need the cash money... :) However I'd be up for taking another job for experience part time.

Retail and Customer Care/Call Center work are good for that age. You're gonna handle some truly awful people, but that's good experience to have later in life.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds