Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

What would you do #1?

Sam1

Mythical member
Website
holderhost.com
Credits
What would you do if a member on your forum suddenly closed their host costing a number of your other members (who had purchased plans so had lost out)?

Advertisement Placeholder
It depends on what caused the host to shut down. If it had closed down due to a lack of funding or similar issues and the clients had been given a warning that it was about to happen (and enough time to make alternative arrangements), then I wouldn't do anything.

However, if it was a more sudden affair, and it was clear that it was a scam or the owners fault, then I would do my best to help my members. I would do this the best way I could, however I would imagine it would be by either providing them with free temporary hosting whilst they found another host, and offering them money off at another reliable host.

It depends on what caused the host to shut down. If it had closed down due to a lack of funding or similar issues and the clients had been given a warning that it was about to happen (and enough time to make alternative arrangements), then I wouldn't do anything.

However, if it was a more sudden affair, and it was clear that it was a scam or the owners fault, then I would do my best to help my members. I would do this the best way I could, however I would imagine it would be by either providing them with free temporary hosting whilst they found another host, and offering them money off at another reliable host.

Would you do anything about the member who was offering the hosting? Would you PM them or anything?

Would you do anything about the member who was offering the hosting? Would you PM them or anything?

I'd probably ask them about it, but at the end of the day there is not really much I can do about it.

Why would you contact the person who owned the host? I see no reason to contact them unless you literally endorsed the host by saying "Buy this hosting. I recommend it.". If someone posted on your forum, and they owned a host, and a few other members decided to buy hosting from that person, then it's their business and their agreement. There's no reason to contact the owner of the closed host unless you were endorsing it, or had some arrangement. Believe it or not, you're not responsible for the deals that go on outside your forum.

No you aren't but - for example Ace, on FP, basically ran away with my $20 (which I put into cover future bills). He was a highly reputable member. I think there can be circumstances where you shouldn't allow the member back on your forum.

No you aren't but - for example Ace, on FP, basically ran away with my $20 (which I put into cover future bills). He was a highly reputable member. I think there can be circumstances where you shouldn't allow the member back on your forum.
Yeah if the scam is obvious and costed other people's money, then that members shouldn't be allowed on the forum at all. That is only if the host has promoted their services in the forum.

Scammers shouldn't be welcome in any places.

Interesting, I was wondering where that fella went actually. Hadn't seen him for awhile, now I know why!.

However, if this did happen to me suddenly, I'd try my level headed best to get all my clients transferred onto a new reseller ASAP or ailing that, ask a pal with a host themselves to see if he/she could get them on their server as a favour whilst I gather some moolah to pay them for it.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds