Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

What was the purpose of you making your site?

Advertisement Placeholder
The current purpose of me working on my current project is just simply because it's a topic I enjoy talking about and I don't believe I have ever seen a forum advertised with the same topic. I've even tried to Google to see if there's much competition out there and I'm not sure if I'm just really bad at searching for websites or that there's very little competitors out there, which just motivates me even more!

Money isn't something I want to make from my website, it costs very little to even run it and I can't see myself putting in even more hard work just to make a few extra quid here and there. My project is something I want to enjoy a lot doing instead of trying to think of it like a business, plus I can't really see making money off a forum unless it's absolutely huge is going to bring much into your bank account anyway.

I start forums for one reason, and one reason only: to have something to talk about. Each different forum has it's own genre and cliché. Thats why I don't like general discussion forums. One topic, or no topic.

For the site that I run on my own which is a general chat forum the reason for creating and opening that was because I wanted to run a forum where people could come and freely speak their mind to an extent and meet new friends. It was created as a hobby for myself because I enjoy running forums for others to be able to come and chat and have a place to do that.

I have normally only set my websites up for two reasons:
1. to develop my skills and do something with my time
2. to fill a need of users who I feel do not get a good enough quality website from competition.

I started my forum mainly to share ideas and help other webmasters some how. Its really fun managing the forum.

I started my forum because I wanted to be able to discuss topics that interest me with other people that have interest in those same areas. I wanted to have a place where people can just have fun and enjoy casual discussions.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds