Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

What social media do you use?

I use Facebook and Twitter mostly. I have Google+ and Pinterest accounts but often forget that I have them. I have had almost zero success as far as Facebook goes, although I continue to maintain a Facebook page a network of three of my sites. People on my friends list will like my posts linking to my sites but they are not actually clicking on the link. Once, I tried Facebook advertising and that was no more successful.

I can bring a hundred new visitors to my forum with a few well design tweets, but they are all gone within thirty seconds. I still do that every now and then because every once in a while, one of them will register for an account, and possibly even participate.

I also use StumbleUpon and Scoop.it, occasionally getting visitors from these, but I am not overly impressed with social media being the new big thing in web marketing.

Advertisement Placeholder
I work for the SEO industry so I have to use every social media available from Google, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Tumblr to all the social bookmarking sites available and still functioning. Leave no stones unturned. We abide by that mantra.

I usually prefer to use Facebook and then Twitter .Facebook have almost more than billions of users which becomes easier for promoting business and getting targeted traffic .

I usually prefer to use Facebook and then Twitter .Facebook have almost more than billions of users which becomes easier for promoting business and getting targeted traffic .
I am not sure whether I agree about the latter sentence. Despite Facebook's one billion strong members, it's harder to get traffic the free way unless of course you opt for that pay-per-click advertising method which does work. As it is, I have a stingy employer who prefers to do things without extra cost. Twitter's short but sweet posting system draws a lot of traffic for me perhaps because I can stop beating around the bush and be more straightforward with my content.

Recently, I've been using Pinterest a lot. Majority of the users there are women, so it works great for one of my sites. I get bored with it, though. Lol! I'm not really into social media so I'm having a hard time. But it drives traffic to my site so it's worth it.

I use Twitter mostly. I have facebook and G+ but they haven't really brought the users. What has helped are things like tumblr and other smaller networks which can be linked to the website. Since they can then update themselves directly from our website, once it is set up there no further overhead which makes them good for free backlinks and any traffic we get is a bonus. The only thing is making sure that any connections made through sites we don't actively check all go into our email so someone can pick them up when they happen. To get the most out of twitter of Facebook, I think that nowadays tools are essential, not just for scheduling but to help find people who are interested in your product so you can link to the right people.

One social network that has worked for us is Linkedin. Getting a company page on there brought quite a bit of traffic, although we haven't paid for advertising through LinkedIn itself and simply promoted it ourselves.

I was solely a Facebook and Twitter person for a number of years, but in the last couple of months I have started to incorporate Google+, Pinterest & Instagram into the mix to help drive traffic to my sites.

Not always for the same thing. I only use Pinterest and Instagram for posting pictures of me at running races.

I'm not too sure how much it is helping with traffic as I have only just started keeping track, but I've been much more regular tweeting and interacting with other people on Twitter lately.

What Social Media site don't I use is the better question. With blogging, you really have to use them all. I will be honest in saying Facebook and Twitter are my go to's but looking at my stats I see stumbled upon as a close third in the numbers where traffic is concerned. I keep trying to get into Pinterest and Instagram, I'm really not there yet. Even though Google+ maybe isn't a big player I like it a lot.

I basically use any social media I can. I try to learn them, to figure out how to use them to market what I want to market but I have to admit not all social media is equally effective.

If you have a niche website it becomes even more of a hassle to get it just right.

The ones I've had the most luck with are Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Stumbleupon, Delicious and Google+ --- I really need to branch out into Youtube but I'm too ugly to be on camera and I'm scared because I'm very shy and easy to embarrass!

Tumblr hаs саrvеd оut а niсhе fоr itsеlf with а grеаtеr fосus оn thе соntеnt аspесts оf thе sеrviсе thаn thе sосiаl еmphаsis mоst оthеr sitеs tаkе. Pеrhаps mоst nоtаbly, if yоu'rе usеd tо оthеr blоgging sеrviсеs, соmmеnts аrе nоt еnаblеd by dеfаult. Yоu саn rеblоg stuff оthеr pеоplе shаrе аnd аdd yоur оwn саptiоns, but fееdbасk is nоt gеnеrаlly highlightеd аs а primаry funсtiоn.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds