Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What Should You Do If A Check Gets Dishonoured?

Good-Person

Captain Junkie
Credits
Checks are a really common way to make payments in my country. I think that checks are still being used in many places around the world. However, sometimes, a check could get dishonoured. If that happens, then what do you do? Should the payee contact the relevant person in the first place?

Advertisement Placeholder
Checks are a really common way to make payments in my country. I think that checks are still being used in many places around the world. However, sometimes, a check could get dishonoured. If that happens, then what do you do? Should the payee contact the relevant person in the first place?
I think the best thing for me to do is to return it back to the person who gave me to check if there is any mistake or if there is anything he can do about it. That is the only thing I can do

To learn why the check was returned, you can also get in touch with the bank that declined to honor it. Further details, such as if there were insufficient cash in the account or if there was another problem, may be available to you from the bank.

if a check gets dishonored by the banks i think the first step is to talk with the person that issued you the check and let him or her know what is going on before taking any form of action.

When a check gets dishonored, you have to contact the issuer of the cheque for him or her to fix any issue that has to do with the cheque. I don't even know why people still issue cheques when there are so many payment options today.

I don't know if "dishonored" is the right word to describe the bouncing of checks. IN our home country, if the check is bounced, the person who gave that check will land in jail.

If a cheque is dishonoured, bank charges will be deducted from our account. If the person who has issued the cheque is intimated about the same and if he is ready to settle the matter then it is fine otherwise we can seek legal remedy without any delay.

This is actually the reason why most businesses don't accept cheque as a means of payment because they know there is a possibility of them not being able to cash the cheque over the counter in the banks when they get there which is going to delay the business transaction.

If you will want to cash out a check and then you discover that there is an issue with it, you should contact the person who gave you the check in the first place and ask that he should write another one for you.

This is actually the reason why most businesses don't accept cheque as a means of payment because they know there is a possibility of them not being able to cash the cheque over the counter in the banks when they get there which is going to delay the business transaction.

Now many businesses usually accept upfront payments or advance payments in order to deal with such kind of issues. many businesses have now opted to use Escrow services and this is also one of the best ways to avoid problems later on. However, such services are not available in many countries, unfortunately.

Now many businesses usually accept upfront payments or advance payments in order to deal with such kind of issues. many businesses have now opted to use Escrow services and this is also one of the best ways to avoid problems later on. However, such services are not available in many countries, unfortunately.

This is exactly the same way I go about managing my own business of poultry and fish farming because when it comes to any kind of transaction, I always get my payment upfront before I process any of my products for the customer that I am having a business arrangement with without any stories.

A dishonored check will only mean that the issuer doesn't have much in his account or maybe he doesn't have the correct name to the check. The only thing to do is to meet with the issuer to make the correction.

A dishonored check will only mean that the issuer doesn't have much in his account or maybe he doesn't have the correct name to the check. The only thing to do is to meet with the issuer to make the correction.

The reason why I am not a fan of accepting cheque as a means of payment is that in a situation whereby you are issued a dishonored cheque and you needed the money to carry out a very crucial business transaction, in that moment you will find yourself not being able to do it because you cannot be able to cash the cheque.

Cheques used to be really popular in my country years ago, I always remember having things such as cheques given to me on my birthday or even at Christmas as well that I could cash into my mum's bank and also my bank when I had my own when I got older.

I can't say I ever had a check that got dishonoured but I do know it has happened to others.

The first thing to do would be to find out why it was dishonoured and then go back to the person who wrote the cheque and gave it to you so that they could either fix the issue or write another one if there was a mistake on the cheque. Usually, dishonoured cheques are easy to deal with I have found from others who have had to deal with that.

You only have the choice of contacting who issued you the dishonoured and ask why they gave you a cheque which can't be paid. They know before issuing such cheque. If you have an account, you will know if your account is in good shape to make withdrawal.

The reason why I am not a fan of accepting cheque as a means of payment is that in a situation whereby you are issued a dishonored cheque and you needed the money to carry out a very crucial business transaction, in that moment you will find yourself not being able to do it because you cannot be able to cash the cheque.
In fact most business owners do not accepting cheque. They prefer cash or you make bank transfer. The new technology has even reduce the rate at which check is now used. It is only companies or organizations that still issue check.

In fact most business owners do not accepting cheque. They prefer cash or you make bank transfer. The new technology has even reduce the rate at which check is now used. It is only companies or organizations that still issue check.

This is exactly the same way it is with my business because I completely remove receiving cheque payment for any kind of business transaction because I know it is something that normally have a problem when it comes to going to cash them in the bank.

I am very good with making use of bank transfers or cash payment as either of them works very well for me.

When you say "Dishonored" do you mean that the person no longer agreed to pay you? As in when you tried to cash the check and they wouldn't let you as he declined it?

I would have a word with the person who gave me the check, and request payment for what I am owed. If not, I will threaten legal action if they don't pay up.

When you say "Dishonored" do you mean that the person no longer agreed to pay you? As in when you tried to cash the check and they wouldn't let you as he declined it?

I would have a word with the person who gave me the check, and request payment for what I am owed. If not, I will threaten legal action if they don't pay up.
I've had a dishonored cheque once but it's not in my business. It was when I was in high school. I won an award and I was given a cheque price of $50 by one of sponsors of the event. When I want to the bank to cash the cheque, it was dishonored and I had no means to reach who gave it to me.

This is exactly the same way I go about managing my own business of poultry and fish farming because when it comes to any kind of transaction, I always get my payment upfront before I process any of my products for the customer that I am having a business arrangement with without any stories.

Since checks usually get dishonoured, many people usually use online payment processors for that. There should be an Escrow system where you could possibly send an invoice and the payment gateway could act as an escrow service. I am also seeking a great payment gateway that could help me receive and store payments. I hate checks.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds