Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

What plugins do you usually use?

Maximum1

Credits
What plugins do you usually use on your MyBB Forum?

I normally use these:
OUGC Awards
Tabbed Menu
2FA - 2 Factor Authentication
PluginLibrary
MySEO
MyBot
Spoiler MyCode
MyAlerts

Advertisement Placeholder
Currently I am only using three plugins, four if you count PluginLibrary, although it's something you have to use for certain plugins anyway. Although I know there's a few more plugins I am going to need to get for my project, these three right now are the most important ones.

MyProfile (Profile Comments)
NewPoints (Forum Currency)
OUGC Awards (Forum Award Images)

I personally find the MyProfile, profile comments, plugin such a treat. I just personally find being able to leave/have conversations on each others profiles can be much more easier than private messages sometimes. MyProfile even lets the members choose whether the profile comment is going to be public so everyone can see it or private so only you and the receiver can see it.

I have many plugins currently activated (24) that would take forever to list, but the main ones I use are:
Newpoints
Muinia Shoutbox
Edit History
Random Avatar

DVZ Mentions, MyArcade, MyBBlog, MyBot, MyTabs, NewPoints, OUGC Awards, PM Log, Reputation Levels, Staff Page, Styled Usernames, Top Stats, and View Groups. Those are just the major ones. I use lots of other plugins as well. :)

The only ones I use right now are anti-spam plugins, but I have used MyAlerts and NewPoints in the past.

I usually don't handle the plugins and other program related side our community but I am a big fan of the Pro Stats plugin. I like being able to compare my stats to others' and also like to glance at the latest topics. We haven't had the opportunity to test it on anyone yet but I also like the idea behind the Hell Ban plugin which allows staff members to 'ban' members but they don't realize they are ban so they think they are talking to everyone in the forum but no one else but staff and that member can see their posts.

The only plugins I truly need/want would be newpoints, membership plugin, and the shop plugin. Basically all I need to run my community!

We used to use a boatload of plugins on an older forum, but now that I've set a new one up, I'm playing it safe by only using the few plugins that actually help us greatly. We have rotating banners, MyAlerts, Game Section, Spoiler MyCode, Style Usernames, and Google SEO. Those should be enough, although I'm waiting for MyProfile to be fixed on the next build.

I keep the use of plugins to a bear minimum. I believe the less you have the better, not just for queries, but also to have less of a chance of a security hole being found. I prefer hard coding features into the software itself. For example, a lot of people use a plugin for sideboxes, when this can be achieved with some simple coding.

My list comprises of:
Google SEO (because MyBB SEO friendly URLs don't do it for me)
MyAlerts (should be a core feature anyway)
NewPoints (excellent plugin for various uses)
Simple Likes (great for showing appreciation for a post)
XThreads (excellent plugin for creating custom thread fields and sections)

MyAlerts, I still do not know why this isn't even in the core product. It's rather astounding. :p

Here's a picture:

2673ef4baccb56441bc0c130c4d2ea41.png

Well I think it will be in MyBB 2.0 as a core feature. It's exactly the same as phpBB, they only introduced their notifications in 3.1. Should of been done sooner.

P.S you can remove the Staff Page plugin and just create your own page? Saves using an extra plugin then. Also, what is the Warning as info? It doesn't increase warning level, but what is stopping you just sending a simple PM to the user with a warning?

Well I think it will be in MyBB 2.0 as a core feature. It's exactly the same as phpBB, they only introduced their notifications in 3.1. Should of been done sooner.

P.S you can remove the Staff Page plugin and just create your own page? Saves using an extra plugin then. Also, what is the Warning as info? It doesn't increase warning level, but what is stopping you just sending a simple PM to the user with a warning?

Yeah, it's being added to the core, but considering the plugin has existed since Mybb 1.6, I'm shocked they didn't port it over at least.

I could, but I honestly am not the best with CSS or HTML, the pages were mainly listing the guidelines and TOS on until I added Wordpress to the core, so I actually don't use the page manager anymore. xD

The warning for info basically utilizes the warning system, however it gives you the option to simply send the warning without adding any warning points to the account. The main reason I have that is I don't like MyBB's user notes system, so instead I use that and it's all logged into the accounts warning logs.

Yeah, but 1.8 really wasn't much of an update in terms of features really. But I know what your saying, some kind of simple notification would of sufficed until 2.0 I would of thought.

If you need any help creating the pages for MyBB, let me know. It's quite easy once you've done it a few times and I am always willing to help.

The warning for info sounds interesting and I especially like how it keeps a log. The default warning system is useless imo and it's one of the first things I turn off. I feel warning a user myself does the trick.

Yeah, but 1.8 really wasn't much of an update in terms of features really. But I know what your saying, some kind of simple notification would of sufficed until 2.0 I would of thought.

If you need any help creating the pages for MyBB, let me know. It's quite easy once you've done it a few times and I am always willing to help.

The warning for info sounds interesting and I especially like how it keeps a log. The default warning system is useless imo and it's one of the first things I turn off. I feel warning a user myself does the trick.

Oh sweet, thanks. ^.^ I'll be sure to take you up on that offer if I need some help. :D

And yeah, MyBB's warning system is pretty bad, which is a major reason why I am hoping they revamp it somehow in MyBB 2.0. If not I might just switch to XF or IPB if I had too. :p

Oh sweet, thanks. ^.^ I'll be sure to take you up on that offer if I need some help. :smile:

And yeah, MyBB's warning system is pretty bad, which is a major reason why I am hoping they revamp it somehow in MyBB 2.0. If not I might just switch to XF or IPB if I had too. :yum:

Not a problem :)

I actually have never used a warning system, on any of the forum software I've used. Most people who break rules need a simple reminder, while the other more blatant rule breakers are usually banned. But, I may start by trying out this Warning for info plugin.

Not a problem :smiley:

I actually have never used a warning system, on any of the forum software I've used. Most people who break rules need a simple reminder, while the other more blatant rule breakers are usually banned. But, I may start by trying out this Warning for info plugin.

Yeah, it's an awesome tool I must say, even if you don't normally use the warning system. I think of it like the phpBB usernotes system, where you can "submit" your usernotes and have it displayed in a list, which is what I use it for anyway. <3

These are the plugins that I am using as of now.
AN Only Registered Links (1.0.0)
AddNoFollow (0.0.1)
SignHeightLimit (1.0)
Simple Audito Video Embeder (2.0)
Subforums In Columns (1.0)
Activate Users from Mod CP (1.0)
Apply Thread Prefix (1.0)
Board Announcements Manager (1.0)
DVZ Secure Content (1.1.5)
Add Meta Tags (1.0)
External Redirect Warning (1.0)
Mood Manager (1.0)
My Advertisements (2.1.2)
MyAlerts (2.0.3)
MyProfile (0.5)
NewPoints (2.0)
Newpoints Edit (0.2)
OUGC Awards (1.8.3)
OUGC Pages (1.0)
Page Manager (1.5.2)
Daily Post Goal (0.1)
ProStats /proʊˈstæts/ (1.9.6)
Quick Advanced Editor Plus (1.8.1)
Advanced editor in quick reply with quick quote
SomeImage Uploader (1.0)
Advanced Spoiler (1.0)
Style Usernames (MyBB 1.6) (1.0.0)
Tapatalk (4.4.1)
User Tagging (1.2.1)
XThreads (1.66)

They are all active. There are some other inactive plugins as I am not using them as of now, for various reasons, I haven't included them.
The above mentioned plugins are really useful for my requirements.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds