Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

What made you get involved in your niche?

Credits
Have you ever stopped to think about what led you to become involved in your particular niche? Whether you're a web designer, developer, or marketer, there's likely a story behind what drew you to your field.

Maybe you were always fascinated by technology and knew from a young age that you wanted to pursue a career in the digital world. Or perhaps you stumbled into your niche by accident, finding that you had a natural talent for web design or programming.

Whatever the case may be, we'd love to hear your story! Share with us what inspired you to get involved in your niche, and how your experiences has shaped your career. Did you face any challenges along the way? What advice would you give to someone just starting out in your field?

Who knows, you may even discover something new about yourself and your passion for the web!

Advertisement Placeholder
I started out creating resource/service boards for a couple of software's the more I learned about the software and coding. Coding and what you can all accomplish with it has been a passion of mine since I first laid eyes on it. I also like offering technical support to those in need. JavaScript was a coding language I really wanted to learn, but I don't think I started to get the hang of JavaScript until I started using jQuery. Since they work hand in hand, the more I learned about jQuery the more I started to learn about JavaScript. To this day, I'm still offering technical support and coding assistance to those in need and I feel as if I'm a contributing person to doing so.

If anyone were interested in creating a resource board, I would advise them to keep building up the resources as that's the primary purpose of your board. Of course, you can have fun too in the general chat areas, but the resources are key to the success of a resource board. It's hard to find active resource boards at times because people mainly come for the resources and leave, but some people remain loyal to the forum and are active daily/weekly.

The original niche of my community was to discuss game challenges. I decided to instead just merge some of the communities I had together since the niche of the other communities were similar. I didn't see too many gaming forums strictly for challenges and thought it would be cool to see how a community such as that one would work out in a forum, though I wonder if a Discord server would have been better. I still prefer forums over Discord though, that's why I went down the route I did. Now it's just a huge entertainment/general discussion forum with a section for roleplaying.

Long time ago, I joined The Admin Zone... 2005 to be exact. I joined because I wanted ideas for my forum. I fell in love with the admin niche and started my own admin forum soon after. I had a few actually. My most notable one was AAF or Another Admin Forum. Had a great time with that but made mistakes that I regret today. And now I have my new admin forum which is probably the smallest of the admin forums haha but I'm okay with that.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds