Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What is your favorite platform to build an online marketplace?

Credits
I believe that anyone who makes use of online platforms in setting up a shop knows what it takes to build one. I have used a few number of platforms in trying to build my online marketplace. I have used Shopify, BigCommerce, WooCommerce, Magneto, and Joomla eCommerce.

Which one's have you experimented with and what's your favorite among them?

Advertisement Placeholder
I have used all ecommerce platforms you have mentioned except BigCommerce. I have used only trial version of shopify and discontinued service after the trial ended, but I have helped a lot of clients built shopify store. Magento and Joomla commerce are good but since I do not do programing, it is a little complicated for me to handle these platforms, therefore, my ideal choice is wordpress with woocommerce.

I believe that anyone who makes use of online platforms in setting up a shop knows what it takes to build one. I have used a few number of platforms in trying to build my online marketplace. I have used Shopify, BigCommerce, WooCommerce, Magneto, and Joomla eCommerce.

Which one's have you experimented with and what's your favorite among them?

Ebay offers a great way to create your own store. They have this option on their website. However, the main problem with Ebay is the fact that you may need to have a PayPal account for that in case if you want to sell or buy products. I am not sure if they have some other options as well.

Ebay offers a great way to create your own store. They have this option on their website. However, the main problem with Ebay is the fact that you may need to have a PayPal account for that in case if you want to sell or buy products. I am not sure if they have some other options as well.

Ebay offer some other payment options like using credit and debit card, Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Wire Transfer. It's only their Apple Pay that I haven't used yet but I'm sure it's going to be good as well like Google Pay.

Ebay offer some other payment options like using credit and debit card, Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Wire Transfer. It's only their Apple Pay that I haven't used yet but I'm sure it's going to be good as well like Google Pay.

I have read that Ebay uses third party companies when it comes to collecting payments through credit card or debit card. I have never heard about someone selling or buying products through Ebay in my country, so I guess that it may not be available in my country.

Facebook marketplace is very good for what I've been selling so far. It was the first platform I built my online shop and used it for years. I've had a good run of business making use of Facebook marketplace before branching out to other options like woocommerce using WordPress.

Facebook marketplace is very good for what I've been selling so far. It was the first platform I built my online shop and used it for years. I've had a good run of business making use of Facebook marketplace before branching out to other options like woocommerce using WordPress.

I would never prefer facebook marketplace. For me, my local marketplaces would be the best option. Ebay does not work in my country in a proper manner. We have a really popular marketplace called "Daraz" and majority of the people use it in order to sell and buy products online.

I would never prefer facebook marketplace. For me, my local marketplaces would be the best option. Ebay does not work in my country in a proper manner. We have a really popular marketplace called "Daraz" and majority of the people use it in order to sell and buy products online.

It's always very good to make use of the resources that are in close proximity with your location. It will save you the trouble of having to worry about shipping. If you're selling physical products, the delivery fees can't be too high for your customers to pay.

You have to work with what works best for your business and it doesn't mean the same thing would work for every other person. It's why copying others 100% isn't advisable all the time because there is going to be a different variety in your own business which won't click like another's.

You have to work with what works best for your business and it doesn't mean the same thing would work for every other person. It's why copying others 100% isn't advisable all the time because there is going to be a different variety in your own business which won't click like another's.

If you copy others 100%, you will also copy both their success and mistakes. It's why you have to be selective of what you're going to copy from another person's business and by doing so, you're going to reduce the chances repeating of the best loss/mistakes made by the other businesses.

It's always very good to make use of the resources that are in close proximity with your location. It will save you the trouble of having to worry about shipping. If you're selling physical products, the delivery fees can't be too high for your customers to pay.

It depends on the kind of products and the demand of the product. There are many people who purchase products from many different companies and they have to pay the shipment fees as well. Many people usually build a marketplace so that people living in a particular country could easily purchase products. This is why they build an online marketplace specifically for those people.

It depends on the kind of products and the demand of the product. There are many people who purchase products from many different companies and they have to pay the shipment fees as well. Many people usually build a marketplace so that people living in a particular country could easily purchase products. This is why they build an online marketplace specifically for those people.
I hate paying for shipping fees in any of my online shopping. It's why I like making use of online shopping stores within my zone in order to avoid having to pay heft shopping shipping fees. I love using Amazon but the shipping fee cost have stopped me from using it.

Most of the products that I have send on Facebook marketplace are used products. A very good number of them are sold at cheaper prices. I have sold both used and new products using Facebook marketplace and it's very easy for me to use. I make sure to outline all the parameters of my sales and make use it's only those within my location that buys from me.

Fiverr and Facebook have always been my favorite. The two platforms always serve as the best place where people can reach out to me in a bigger way. Though, there are other platforms but I am accustomed to those two platforms.

Fiverr and Facebook have always been my favorite. The two platforms always serve as the best place where people can reach out to me in a bigger way. Though, there are other platforms but I am accustomed to those two platforms.
For freelancers selling their services online, Fiverr is the best and the next one which is as good as Fiverr will be Upwork. You should be familiar with Upwork if you're used to Fiverr. Facebook marketplace is getting bigger by the day and it's as a result of how good it's been for users to manage their business.

For freelancers selling their services online, Fiverr is the best and the next one which is as good as Fiverr will be Upwork. You should be familiar with Upwork if you're used to Fiverr. Facebook marketplace is getting bigger by the day and it's as a result of how good it's been for users to manage their business.
I really have some issues with Fiverr as it tends to favour more old users compare to the new ones. It is hardly impossible to get gigs to work on as a new member working on Fiverr.

I really have some issues with Fiverr as it tends to favour more old users compare to the new ones. It is hardly impossible to get gigs to work on as a new member working on Fiverr.

This is the reality most people who are joining Fiverr are facing today because of the level of competition that you experience make use of the platform and just like you said, they simply prefer making use of old users than giving new users a chance to prove their worth. I was on the platform for about five months before I was able to sell one gig.

I hate paying for shipping fees in any of my online shopping. It's why I like making use of online shopping stores within my zone in order to avoid having to pay heft shopping shipping fees. I love using Amazon but the shipping fee cost have stopped me from using it.

Well, I know that paying extra charges may feel bad and this is why you could opt to buy products that offer the best rates when it comes to shipment fee. You must note that if you opt for a platform that deducts a very small amount of money, then you may receive the products too late in the process.

The thing is that product or services that are sold on Fiverr and Upwork are different from what can be sold on Facebook marketplace. This is why I kind of think that I have been getting more sales on what I sell on my Facebook marketplace pages than what I've been selling on Fiverr because competition on Fiverr is very stiff.

Well, I know that paying extra charges may feel bad and this is why you could opt to buy products that offer the best rates when it comes to shipment fee. You must note that if you opt for a platform that deducts a very small amount of money, then you may receive the products too late in the process.
The most important thing is getting my purchase delivered in good shape. Far distance delivery usually have hiccups on the way if you purchased fragile products. There are buyers who prefer to walk in store to buy what they need. They don't shop online.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds