Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

What is the toughest part of running a website?

Martee

Mythical member
Credits
A simpel question really, just read the title! In your opinion, what is the toughest and hardest part of being a webmaster, running a site/forum/blog or whatever?

For me, it is keeping everyone happy. There is always one bad apple that seems to pop along and hate every change you do and its taken me a while to get over those that are like that such is my desire to please.

Advertisement Placeholder
In my mind, keeping activity and interest is always the hardest thing.. It's one thing for having brilliant content, but if you don't put the time in and get some interest in your sites then you have made a critical error.

Activity is another hard thing certainly. Although one could argue with good content comes activity but I do see your point. That is why we will promote our content when we do it!

Keeping your personal life away from the business. You're friends will hate you for not including them, and you'll hate them for their actions if included. Put simply, your friends don't belong on your staff page.

--Sent from Tapatalk

I think getting members and making them participate in the forum is the tough part in running a forum.
Yeah me too. Maintaining activity while advertising and everything else is pretty stressful. That's why I usually like opening up a website or forum with a partner and make them advertising bitch. :)

I believe the hardest part is your competition. If they bring out something new and unique, you then have to stop your customers thinking they have to go to them, because they don't see that feature on your website.

I agree with the OP of this thread, once you have worked hard to create a successful forum it only takes one or two disgruntled members to bring it all crashing down, keeping everyone happy with alienating others is a very difficult thing to do, but something you have to achieve to keep moving forward.

I agree with the OP of this thread, once you have worked hard to create a successful forum it only takes one or two disgruntled members to bring it all crashing down, keeping everyone happy with alienating others is a very difficult thing to do, but something you have to achieve to keep moving forward.

Its just that desire to see everyone happy is all isn't it? Haha. You want your site/forum/blog/whatever to be liked by everyone and anyone so having any critique is just 'Ah no, I failed. I suck' to myself anyway. I've started to learnt to accept such criticism but still, I find it hard to get over it. :(

Its just that desire to see everyone happy is all isn't it? Haha. You want your site/forum/blog/whatever to be liked by everyone and anyone so having any critique is just 'Ah no, I failed. I suck' to myself anyway. I've started to learnt to accept such criticism but still, I find it hard to get over it. :(

I hate criticism i find it really difficult to accept but then i have a ponder read again and act on what has been said, i think it is because everything i do in my life i put 100% into it and to hear all your work is poor is heartbreaking.

For me, its the amount of maintenance that a blog can require. A simple update can damage your blog permanently and unless you have a backup then you can be stuck in a bad spot.

Getting members that generally enjoy the froum when you get a few people that love the forum activity is a piece of cake.

The hardest part is definitely attracting new members or getting an audience. There are so many websites out there that it's simply silly how much time some webmasters have to dedicate to get their website up and running.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds