Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

What is the best thing about owning a community?

Credits
I run communities for the sole purpose of making some money. I have been making money as a blogger for a long time and decided to expand my business by creating communities. I have not been successful so far. What do you think is the best thing about owning a community?
Even though money is my priority, there are other things that I like about owning communities. For instance, having a platform where you can talk about the subjects you care for and no one can sensor you is the best thing about owning a community.

Advertisement Placeholder
Right now, I'm not making really any money on it at all, just a tiny bit. My community makes about 25 per month (from one single person no less). It isn't much, but I'm saving that up right now to purchase an ARK Survival Ascended server once the game releases in October.

I am not really in it to make money yet, but eventually I will have a stable source of income that will cover community expenses and personal. But at the moment I put 100% back into the community and I don't see any of it for personal use.

At the moment I am not running communities solely to make money but more to create a community and help people as well. I would have to say that the best thing that I like about owning a community is being able to bring something to a community that is unique and can also help them in ways well, for example I have a general chat forum but we have hints of promotion as well so that members can share their sites, projects and even live streams, TikToks and YouTube.

I am a firm believer that success comes when you work together and that is something I stick to by helping people where I can.

I have enjoyed running my own forum(s) ever since I first discovered them back in early 2002. I love the freedom that I have with organizing the topics and making friends online regarding the varied interests that I have. I also have come to really enjoy the Play by Post role playing (multi-authored stories) format because I can still enjoy my role playing hobby despite not having any IRL friends nor the time to set a dedicated block of time to play.... although, I do miss the pizza and beer! LOL

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds