Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What is the best Free Graphic Designing Tool?

Advertisement Placeholder
I use Gimp whenever I need to make graphics or edit an image. My PC is barely hanging on though so I try not to do too much on it nowadays until I can sort out a new PC for myself. I'm not sure if GIMP would even run on this thing anymore if I'm being perfectly honest. :(

I use Gimp whenever I need to make graphics or edit an image. My PC is barely hanging on though so I try not to do too much on it nowadays until I can sort out a new PC for myself. I'm not sure if GIMP would even run on this thing anymore if I'm being perfectly honest. :(
GIMP is good, I have used it. However, I think you should be using photopea.com. It is browser based photoshop-like free program. You can even open PSD file or save as PSD.

On a related note, if you take a lot of cell phone photos, Lightroom is free for iOS. I'm not sure about the other ones.

And you can really make a cell photo look amazing too!

Kayaking on the Lake.jpg

The reality is that there is nothing like PS. GIMP is made by programmers for programmers and the UI has been getting steadily worse for many years now, to the point that when 2.10 came along, I actually snapped and bought a PS subscription, despite having been using GIMP since 2000.

There are other apps for doing graphical work, whether you want browser based or not - personally, I'm not wedded to it being browser based.

Paint.NET is probably more usable than GIMP if not necessarily more powerful, Krita is good if you want a more painterly style. If you're doing vector work and Illustrator is out of your price range, Inkscape will do but it's not as nice as Illustrator.

If you're doing *design* work, though, I'd suggest thinking about Figma that has some limited free plans, or Penpot which is an open source equivalent.

The reality is that there is nothing like PS. GIMP is made by programmers for programmers and the UI has been getting steadily worse for many years now, to the point that when 2.10 came along, I actually snapped and bought a PS subscription, despite having been using GIMP since 2000.

There are other apps for doing graphical work, whether you want browser based or not - personally, I'm not wedded to it being browser based.

Paint.NET is probably more usable than GIMP if not necessarily more powerful, Krita is good if you want a more painterly style. If you're doing vector work and Illustrator is out of your price range, Inkscape will do but it's not as nice as Illustrator.

If you're doing *design* work, though, I'd suggest thinking about Figma that has some limited free plans, or Penpot which is an open source equivalent.
I agree with Paint.NET being usable enough for most use cases. I use it for quick edits that don't require a lot of work.

Never really used anything other than Paint.NET, really.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 20 80.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds