Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What is social media?

Mahabub Hassan

Credits
"Social media is media designed to be disseminated through social interaction, created using highly accessible and scalable (measurable) publishing techniques."

(Kaplan and Heinlein: "a group of Internet-based applications that build on the ideological and technological foundations of Web 2.0 and that allow the creation and exchange of user-generated content.)"

Social media has 3 components;

1. Concept (art, information, or meme).
2. Media (physical, electronic, or verbal
3. Social interface (intimate direct, community engagement social viral, electronic broadcast or syndication, or other physical media such as print).

Advertisement Placeholder
Social media, to me, is a website or network where people can disseminate information quickly to anyone and everyone. It's where people are able to connect with family members, friends, companies, hiring managers, everyone and anyone. It's where people post news, status updates, videos, viral content and memes, anything really.

Social media, to me, is a website or network where people can disseminate information quickly to anyone and everyone. It's where people are able to connect with family members, friends, companies, hiring managers, everyone and anyone. It's where people post news, status updates, videos, viral content and memes, anything really.
I agree with bolded. Therefore, I use Social Media in moderation between communicating with family, friends, acquaintances, and the other 90% is pure marketing.

I agree with bolded. Therefore, I use Social Media in moderation between communicating with family, friends, acquaintances, and the other 90% is pure marketing.

I'm kind of tired of the ads on fb tho.

I have to admit, I use it mostly for work. I mostly use it in conjunction with my blogs and websites as a way of marketing. I don't really use it for personal stuff that much.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds