Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What is CPC and CTR in Adsense

Zevin

Captain Junkie
Credits
If you are using Adsense or want to use Adsense, you must understand a couple of things. In this post, I will share my views on CPC and CTR on Adsense.
Adsense is basically PPC or Pay Per Click program. In other words, you earn from every legit click on your site. However, you also earn from CPM bids if any. IN order words if advertisers have used CPM ads, and if these ads appear on your site, you will also earn from ad impressions.

CPC
CPC means Cost Per Click. This is the amount advertiser is spending on each legitimate click for his ads. You will earn 68 percent of advertiser spending. CPC and be anything from 1 cent to 20- 30 USD (that's what hear)

CTR
CTR is Click Through Rate. This rate gives you an idea n how many visitors on your site are clicking on your ads. CTR of 1 percent means, for every 100 visits on your site, 1 person is clicking on your ad.

Advertisement Placeholder
People who are new to adsense should know things like these. understanding these metrics will help you understand how adsense actually work and how you can maximize your revenue. You also need to check from what location the coicks are coming. This will help you to develop better content.

There are multiple factors that affect revenue, but in general the important metrics are: cost-per-click (CPC), CTR and impressions. You can view these metrics on the Reports page in your AdSense account. ... Revenue is calculated by multiplying CPC, CTR and impressions.

Cost per click is one of the most common adsense being used in websites and you get paid from individuals who clicks the ads,while click through rates has to do with the number of persons who visits your website in a period.

Your details are very exceptional @Mika. I read gently to ascertain every word you altered on the topic, which added more experience to me. Now i came to understand what CTR, CPM, and CPC implies when using AdSense monetizations.

If your CTR or Click Through Rate seems to be high Adsesne can become very suspicious. It might suspect that you are generating artificial clicks. Therefore, you need to closely monitor activities on your account.

Thank you very much for explaining these terms. I am not using adsense ye but understading how adsense works is my priority as I am plannig to use adsense on my site once I launch it any time soon/

There are a lot of other metrics to be watched on adsense. For instance, you also need to see where the clicks are coming from, what devices are being used, etc. If you understand these things, you cna maximize your earning.

The cost per click and click through rate are very important terminologies that any advertiser or publisher should have a good understanding of as they are quite essential to successful monetization of website and blog.

Personally, I don't have a website to run AdSense program at the moment and I don't think I am planning to do that soon. But I think the above write up can guide intending members. And one should also do personal research on it before going into it. That is my take.

This is one of the reasons I love this great forum. Engaging and interesting topics that would help in achieving a whole lot.
I had a good interest in blogging back then but I dropped the idea when I saw the work involved and a lot of blogs arose. Keep the good work.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds