Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What happened to all the Fiverr copycats?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Years ago I joined Fiverr, I encountered other gig sites that looked and ran just like it. I remember joining one and then never getting a sale. Later in the site just close. Or, maybe Fiverr forced them to change the site or take it down. When I say it looked exactly like Fiverr, I'm not joking. the only difference was the site name/logo and some small changes otherwise. I remember other similar gig site coming out after Fiverr became popular, but I don't think most of them survived. What happened to them all? And are there any still out there worth working on?

Advertisement Placeholder
Yes, I agree with you. I've also seen such freelancing sites that are exact copies only in appearance, but they're not popular ones.

I think most of them couldn't survive because they were not providing quality service and customer support. Some of them are not as quick to resolve seller's/buyer's issues as Fiverr.

I've also read bad reviews on social media or YouTube regarding their payment withdrawal. People have to wait for months to get their payments.

With all such issues, it's hard for them to survive in a competitive market.

Years ago I joined Fiverr, I encountered other gig sites that looked and ran just like it. I remember joining one and then never getting a sale. Later in the site just close. Or, maybe Fiverr forced them to change the site or take it down. When I say it looked exactly like Fiverr, I'm not joking. the only difference was the site name/logo and some small changes otherwise. I remember other similar gig site coming out after Fiverr became popular, but I don't think most of them survived. What happened to them all? And are there any still out there worth working on?

The simple truth is that a lot of people lack creativity to set up their own projects without having to copy another projects from A to Z on how they set up their own brand which was exactly what happened with Fiverr and I believe that they had a way to professionally forced them to close down their own projects because they copied them without giving any recognition to them.

I have never seen Fiverr copycats, I have bought gigs on Fiverr and I have also sold gigs but I have never been too successful on Fiverr. If those sites were copycats of Fiverr, I guess Fiverr took legal action to force those sites to shut down.

I have never seen Fiverr copycats, I have bought gigs on Fiverr and I have also sold gigs but I have never been too successful on Fiverr. If those sites were copycats of Fiverr, I guess Fiverr took legal action to force those sites to shut down.

I will definitely do the same thing if I was in the position of Fiverr because if I see any copycat of my business that is in the level of Fiverr, I am definitely going to take legal action to make sure that they pay me damages and also be forced to shut down. I will never compromise on these two things.

The simple truth is that a lot of people lack creativity to set up their own projects without having to copy another projects from A to Z on how they set up their own brand which was exactly what happened with Fiverr and I believe that they had a way to professionally forced them to close down their own projects because they copied them without giving any recognition to them.

I think that there are many similar websites that look quite similar to Fiverr and their business model is also same. However, there are many older gig websites as well that look similar to Fiverr. One such example is that of SEO Clerks. It is also almost as old as Fiverr.

I think that there are many similar websites that look quite similar to Fiverr and their business model is also same. However, there are many older gig websites as well that look similar to Fiverr. One such example is that of SEO Clerks. It is also almost as old as Fiverr.

Seoclerks is not a copycat of Fiverr. Yes, they have something similar in how they carry out their their businesses, but they are never copycats. A copycat will have everything in your business down to the latter but that's not the case with Seoclerks and Fiverr.

Seoclerks is not a copycat of Fiverr. Yes, they have something similar in how they carry out their their businesses, but they are never copycats. A copycat will have everything in your business down to the latter but that's not the case with Seoclerks and Fiverr.

SEO Clerks may not be a copycat in the exact sense. However, the idea behind SEO Clerks is the same. They are also a gig site just like Fiverr. I think that it would be quite hard for any other platform to replicate Fiverr in the exact sense. They could face copyright issues. Don't you think?

SEO Clerks may not be a copycat in the exact sense. However, the idea behind SEO Clerks is the same. They are also a gig site just like Fiverr. I think that it would be quite hard for any other platform to replicate Fiverr in the exact sense. They could face copyright issues. Don't you think?

Uniscanner is a very good example of Fiverr copycats when it comes to the gigs sellers have listed on Fiverr. They have everything that's listed on Fiverr copied and pasted on their own freelancing website with lesser prices. This is something that's very frustrating for most sellers on Fiverr.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds