Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

What forum software do you prefer?

Andrew7765

Reputable member
Credits
What forum software would you rather use? Honestly, I think MyBB is the best. Even though it is free you just have to find the best theme for it and your set to go. I currently run theyoutubeforum on it and it looks great! What would you prefer?

Advertisement Placeholder
My preference as an Admin? IPB(Version 4 mainly but I can deal with Version 3). It's simply the best for me.
My only main complaint is that I wish IPS wasn't so conservative about adding new features. Their cautious approach is a bit ...eh.

My preference as an Admin? IPB(Version 4 mainly but I can deal with Version 3). It's simply the best for me.
My only main complaint is that I wish IPS wasn't so conservative about adding new features. Their cautious approach is a bit ...eh.
Ah okay.

Not exactly opening up much discussion with that response lol
Lol. I have never heard of IPB or used it to be honest. The only software's I have heard of were XenForo and MyBB. I have only opened one forum in my whole life. :p

Lol. I have never heard of IPB or used it to be honest. The only software's I have heard of were XenForo and MyBB. I have only opened one forum in my whole life. :yum:
IPB(Invision Power Board) is over a decade old and one of the more leading software haha. Personally, better than Xenforo, imo. Definitely check them out. Many IPB forums are out there and look nice. It's a bit more full featured than Xenforo. It's why I switched my forum from Xenforo to IPB

IPB(Invision Power Board) is over a decade old and one of the more leading software haha. Personally, better than Xenforo, imo. Definitely check them out. Many IPB forums are out there and look nice. It's a bit more full featured than Xenforo. It's why I switched my forum from Xenforo to IPB

Ah okay. Thanks for the suggestion I will look into it.

ProBoards! Always. Yes, it's free and they have ads. And, yes, you have to pay for a certain amount of page views each month to get adfree. Also, yes, they have a paid version of the software that allows you to remove their branding. That said, it's all well worth it. It is super easy to customize and design for. I just wish I knew more about JS and could build my own plugins. Would make my projects so much easier.

ProBoards! Always. Yes, it's free and they have ads. And, yes, you have to pay for a certain amount of page views each month to get adfree. Also, yes, they have a paid version of the software that allows you to remove their branding. That said, it's all well worth it. It is super easy to customize and design for. I just wish I knew more about JS and could build my own plugins. Would make my projects so much easier.
all that sounds a bit too much effort when there are competing products (Such as open source) that seem to have the same perks as Punbb without having to have ads, pay for a certain amount of pageviews for adfree(which means technically you are paying to be adfree) and the paid version. I guess I am confused as to what the perks are....When there are Mybb, SMF, and Phpbb(and other free) and if you have to pay why not simply buy a full featured alternative.

I like XenForo. @Izaya, I know you're not a huge fan, but I like the customization of it, personally. IPB is good for some forums and admins, depending on your personal perspective. I haven't used IPB from an admin perspective, though. For free I like phpBB. However, MyBB and phpBB don't even compare to xF and IPB.

Hmm, I will look into it. :)

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds