Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What exactly is a start-up?

Kane

Captain Junkie
Credits
These days it is very common to hear about startups. However, the term "startup" does not have a long history. It is believed the word start-up was first used in an article published on Forbes in 1976. The word was used to refer to a growing business. Today, a startup is commonly believed to be a venture that, while not yet fully established, possesses significant potential for exponential growth. To embark on a startup journey, you need a business model that shows growth in various aspects, including market valuation and customer reach.

Advertisement Placeholder
These days it is very common to hear about startups. However, the term "startup" does not have a long history. It is believed the word start-up was first used in an article published on Forbes in 1976. The word was used to refer to a growing business. Today, a startup is commonly believed to be a venture that, while not yet fully established, possesses significant potential for exponential growth. To embark on a startup journey, you need a business model that shows growth in various aspects, including market valuation and customer reach.

I think that the definition of a start-up is quite broad. Moreover, this may also be a subjective term as well. This is because many people may interpret this term quite differently. For many people, the total time period associated with the business may matter a lot. For example, a person may say that his business is three months old. However, he may still consider it a start-up and it may not be too old for him. Other people may view it differently.

I think it's for any business or company that's brand new and starts from the bottom. Sometimes they will have people buy into the start up, to help get it moving. The best way I can put it, is that it's usually a new company, started by a group of people usually.

I think a startup can be either what OP mentioned, or just another company looking to start.

Growth and innovation are two major characteristics of startups. Startups not only innovate by introducing novel concepts but also exhibit substantial growth potential. This growth encompasses not only product offerings and revenue but also market valuation and customer base size.

I think it's for any business or company that's brand new and starts from the bottom. Sometimes they will have people buy into the start up, to help get it moving. The best way I can put it, is that it's usually a new company, started by a group of people usually.

I think a startup can be either what OP mentioned, or just another company looking to start.

I think that start-ups do refer to new businesses that have been opened recently. This all depends on business phases as each and every business goes through many different stages. At early stage, the business may never generate enough sales. So, I consider it in a start-up phase and a business may remain in this phase for a long time.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds