Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What do you understand by the term debentures?

Braga13

Loyal member
Credits
The term is frequently repeated in the financial arena. Is there an accurate definition of it?

Advertisement Placeholder
I'm not good with all the finance or even corporate speak LOL But I think it's some type of fixed long-term loan. I could be wrong, so please don't quote me.

That word is common in stock and bond
A debenture is a type of bond or other debt instrument that is unsecured by collateral. Since debentures have no collateral backing,debentures must rely on the creditworthiness and reputation of the issuer for support. Both corporations and governments frequently issue debentures to raise capital or funds

As what I understand by debenture.
Debenture is a receipt or certificate that issued by government or bank to certify as a proof that you owed a money to pay. Debenture usually issue to a someone when the person get loan from bank or government.

A debenture is a type of bond or other debt instruments that is unsecured by collateral. And because they don't have collateral backing, they rely on creditworthiness and the reputation of the issuer for support.

This Is the first am hearing of this, so this is a goggle explanation I attached here
"A debenture is a type of bond or other debt instrument that is unsecured by collateral. Since debentures have no collateral backing, debentures must rely on the creditworthiness and reputation of the issuer for support. Both corporations and governments frequently issue debentures to raise capital or funds".

A debenture is a kind of obligation instrument that isn't made sure about by actual resources or insurance. A debenture is a medium to long haul obligation design that is utilized by huge organizations to get cash. They are supported simply by the overall reliability and notoriety of the backer

Debentures are medium to long term debt instruments offered Co corporate bodies based on the credit worthiness of the company. Since they are not secured by any asset or collateral, they usually come with a high rate of interest to cover for the risk the lender faces.
[automerge]1609658644[/automerge]
Debentures are medium to long term debt instruments offered Co corporate bodies based on the credit worthiness of the company. Since they are not secured by any asset or collateral, they usually come with a high rate of interest to cover for the risk the lender faces.

Debentures are debt instruments used by companies and government to issue a loan. The loan is issued to corporates based on their reputation at a fixed rate of interest. Debentures are also known as a bond which serves as an IOU between the issuer and the purchaser

To understand by the term debentures​

Debentures are a debt instrument used by companies and government to issue the loan. ... Companies use debentures when they need to borrow the money at a fixed rate of interest for its expansion. Secured and Unsecured, Registered and Bearer, Convertible and Non-Convertible, First and Second are four types of Debentures.

This reminds me of my college days that we had difficulty in understanding that word. One classmate even joked that what we know is denture and not debenture. Anyway, debenture are government bonds that are issued to gather money. It has a better interest than other negotiable instruments although there is no backing in gold or in dollar reserves. That means debenture is like a fiat money. But its life is only for a short time because it is just a stop gap measure for the government to have more cash.

Debenture is usually used in the financial area but sometimes used in a different areas.
Debenture is define as an instrument used as an indebtedness evidence.
Debenture is a certificate of indebtedness of an organisation to outsiders.

Debenture is used to issue the loan by government and companies. The loan is issued at the fixed interest depending upon the reputation of the companies. When companies need to borrow some money to expand themselves they take the help of debentures.

The term is frequently repeated in the financial arena. Is there an accurate definition of it?
This is a new word to me. I have no idea what and what this word is for, so I decided to search, and according to wikipedia, In corporate finance, a debenture is a medium- to long-term debt instrument used by large companies to borrow money, and a fixed rate of interest. its jusk like a lending company according to my understanding.

Debentures are a debt instrument used by companies and government to issue loan.
A debenture is a type of bond or other debt instrument that is unsecured by collateral. Since debentures have no collateral backing, debentures must rely on the creditworthiness and reputation of the issuer for support. Both corporations and governments frequently issue debentures to raise capital or funds.

A debenture is a unit of a loan amount. Debenture is a medium- to long-term debt instrument used by large companies to borrow money, at a fixed rate of interest. Both corporations or government frequently issue debentures to raise funds.

Debenture are a debt instrument used by companies and government to issue the loan. Companies use debenture when they need to borrow the money at a fixed rate of interest for its expansion.

Debenture represents a loan capital of a business.
It is an acknowledgement by a business that it has borrowed a certain amount of money which it promises to repay at a future date.
For a better understanding, debenture is an agreement between a business and its lender.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds