Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

What do you think the new iPhone will be like?

milksheikh

Addicted member
Credits
What do you think the new iPhone 6 will be like?

I think they will make it waterproof or something like that could be really helpful.

Advertisement Placeholder
Apple will not make it waterproof.

The iPhone 6 will be thinner, with a radical. new design (Like the iPad Air), come in 4.7" and 5.5" screens, 2GHz A8 processor with a M8 coprocessor. 1,800mAh battery for better battery life, Sapphire screen, and iOS 8.

Why won't they make it waterproof? This device will be great if they make it faster than the already fast iPhone.

Why won't they make it waterproof? This device will be great if they make it faster than the already fast iPhone.
Apple won't do it. Apple makes elegant devices, not devices to be made to be toyed and in the shower. Now, I am not completely ruling it out, but it would be super nice if they did.

Apple won't do it. Apple makes elegant devices, not devices to be made to be toyed and in the shower. Now, I am not completely ruling it out, but it would be super nice if they did.
The new Samsung S5 is waterproof and it is quite elegant in my opinion.
Samsung_Galaxy_S5_heart_rate_monitor.jpg

Honestly, they both look the same to me. Since I go out a lot and have more chances to break or get my phone wet, I'd rather go with the S5. The iPhone is probably more expensive too.

Honestly, they both look the same to me. Since I go out a lot and have more chances to break or get my phone wet, I'd rather go with the S5. The iPhone is probably more expensive too.
They are the same, and now, the 5s is even less expensive then the s5.

And they are not the same looks, either. Vastly different. However, Samsung does copy Apple a lot.

I'm less concerned about the phone itself and more about the OS. It really needs more customization options. I can't imagine Android without being able to control the icons on the front-screen.

My joke was seemingly made correct.

Now that the iPad is called 'iPad Air', the iPhone will follow. I made a joke about it, and Apple goes and does it. :facepalm:

Hey. If the iPhone Air came out with awesome specs, a totally revamped OS, and better build quality, then it'll have a shot at the market again. :D

I might be asking for too much though. :(

Hey. If the iPhone Air came out with awesome specs, a totally revamped OS, and better build quality, then it'll have a shot at the market again. :D

I might be asking for too much though. :(

Well, I believe we're reaching the upper threshold of what we're capable of maintaining as a 'standard mobile device'. Physical and thermal constraints are always something that needs to be considered with smartphones and tablets. They are less compromising with laptops, which is why I don't believe tablets will replace them. And hopefully it doesn't happen either.

But also, in terms of screen size and under-the-hood power. Current high-end Android devices are in the 4.7-5.5-inch range, and so the iPhone will finally be at the same pace in that regard. And I honestly don't believe that smartphones will be made any larger, at least for the majority, so this game of cat and mouse is over.

For power and performance, a quad-core 2.00 GHz Cortex-A15 chip is really what the iPhone needs. Central processing has always been its let down, as well as the board memory.

Well, I believe we're reaching the upper threshold of what we're capable of maintaining as a 'standard mobile device'. Physical and thermal constraints are always something that needs to be considered with smartphones and tablets. They are less compromising with laptops, which is why I don't believe tablets will replace them. And hopefully it doesn't happen either.

But also, in terms of screen size and under-the-hood power. Current high-end Android devices are in the 4.7-5.5-inch range, and so the iPhone will finally be at the same pace in that regard. And I honestly don't believe that smartphones will be made any larger, at least for the majority, so this game of cat and mouse is over.

For power and performance, a quad-core 2.00 GHz Cortex-A15 chip is really what the iPhone needs. Central processing has always been its let down, as well as the board memory.
I have to disagree with this. :p I don't believe we're at the upper threshold of what mobile devices are capable of. If you look at what they're trying to develop with the Surface Pro, it looks like they're trying to put in more power at the mobile devices.

The limit will be the lack of available market and the limitations of lithium-based batteries. In the future, we'll definitely be seeing more RAM, more processing power, and even more storage. We will naturally need more storage as the capabilities of mobile grow. But the only thing that could slow us down is the market.

Retailers are seeing a hold-back on tablet sales. It could point out that consumers are more willing to grab deals on PCs and laptops, or pay a premium for higher-end tablets such as the Surface Pro. In any case, tablet manufacturers will attempt regain their steam. It's going to be hard to do that in developed nations though.

I have to disagree with this. :p I don't believe we're at the upper threshold of what mobile devices are capable of. If you look at what they're trying to develop with the Surface Pro, it looks like they're trying to put in more power at the mobile devices.

The limit will be the lack of available market and the limitations of lithium-based batteries. In the future, we'll definitely be seeing more RAM, more processing power, and even more storage. We will naturally need more storage as the capabilities of mobile grow. But the only thing that could slow us down is the market.

Retailers are seeing a hold-back on tablet sales. It could point out that consumers are more willing to grab deals on PCs and laptops, or pay a premium for higher-end tablets such as the Surface Pro. In any case, tablet manufacturers will attempt regain their steam. It's going to be hard to do that in developed nations though.

But you're misinterpreting my points. :(

No one is going to want an Android phone larger than 5.5 inches. Most jean pockets are not made to deal with items that large. And certainly, the 6.3-inch Galaxy Mega is a struggle, and I haven't heard it selling well...

The time has come for Android where screen sizes are at an optimum. I don't believe we need anything larger than 5.5 inches, and certainly nothing larger than 6 inches. And since the iPhone will now have caught up, the game is over for the screen size argument.

In regards to processing power, yes I do believe there's room for improvement. I never denied that. We will see higher clocked cores, more cores, more cache, less latency, improved memory bandwidth and controllers and improved integrated graphics. But, the point here was that do we need it?

A dual-core with 1 GB RAM can run Android just fine. The iPhone 5 runs iOS 7 just fine too. The extra specifications are simply unnecessary. Granted, there are exceptions; for instance, additional RAM helps when you want to run more apps at once, and more processing power from the CPU and GPU helps with capturing, rendering and playing back video/games on larger resolution devices. Other than that, it's pointless.

That's what I was saying.

Screen size is the only thing that might stop changing. :p But everything else would change. I'm not saying you're wrong. But I don't see where the "optimum" has been reached?

We will definitely see more RAM and processing power. And I thing the high-performance phones of our day will take a backseat in the future. Apps of the future will be quite powerful and resource-intensive.

At some point, all the low-end phones will be unable to use most of the Play Store too.

With all of that said, you asked an important question. Do we need it? No, not really. :( We don't need it. I'd rather stick to desktops and laptops. :p Easier to upgrade/maintain. Phones are great. But it needs to stop at some point in time.

Screen size is the only thing that might stop changing. :p But everything else would change. I'm not saying you're wrong. But I don't see where the "optimum" has been reached?

We will definitely see more RAM and processing power. And I thing the high-performance phones of our day will take a backseat in the future. Apps of the future will be quite powerful and resource-intensive.

At some point, all the low-end phones will be unable to use most of the Play Store too.

With all of that said, you asked an important question. Do we need it? No, not really. :( We don't need it. I'd rather stick to desktops and laptops. :p Easier to upgrade/maintain. Phones are great. But it needs to stop at some point in time.

The optimum screen size, is what I was referring to. The majority of us don't want a screen larger than 5 inches. Samsung proved that. Its junky Galaxy Mega hasn't sold many units.

People also go out buying tablets with quad-core Snapdragons, thinking they will replace their Core i5/APU laptop. Hell no. Misguided information is causing people to make the wrong purchases. I don't like that. :p

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds