Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

What do you do with the deleted posts?

xpl0iter

Mythical member
Website
www.coolfacts.in
Credits
I have seen admins who delete the posts permanently and some who move it to a non accessible are!
what do you do?
I believe deleting them permanently is good indeed. There is no point in keeping all those posts unless its special scenario!

What do you think and why?

Advertisement Placeholder
If I delete posts they are gone for good. Archiving decent old threads is another thing though. I like to keep the old threads there just to reminisce about good times, and to even repost old topics so new people can engage in the discussion.

If I delete posts they are gone for good. Archiving decent old threads is another thing though. I like to keep the old threads there just to reminisce about good times, and to even repost old topics so new people can engage in the discussion.
I am not talking about deleting old posts/topics. I would never do that.
The posts from spammers or some posts which violate the terms of the forum - these are the stuffs I am talking about. I see no harm on deleting them permanently!

Whenever I delete a post, it heads to the ModeratorCP's Deleted Posts. They stay there for 9999999999 days, or until I delete them. :D

It depends,
Spam = permanent delete.
Posts that deserve to be preserved = Recycle bin.

i delete anything unwanted or needed, any new junk new members post rite away. it bugs me if i know theres one thread in my forum thats not archived properly, i like it clean

Spammers posts deserve to be and therefore will be deleted however any posts made by regular members that arent breaking rules are kept, in the staff area where they remain unseen unless otherwise needed

We don't get many non-spam posts that need deleting so to be honest, we don't really do much with our deleted posts. Although, I feel like setting up an 'Archive' section in our staff areas may be the way to go now. I may just go ahead and do that now..:p

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds