Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What do you do when traffic dips to really low levels?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
What do you do when traffic dips to really low levels on your sites? Like such low levels like when you start the site. Do you ever panic when your sites traffic is so low? Or do you look into it and try to find a reason as to why that is?

Advertisement Placeholder
I did never panic since it seems the ideal time to run updates and add website features and build content at this time especially.

Here are the most important SEO tips to follow when optimizing your website. This will increase your ranking on search engines and give you organic traffic:

1. Use Keywords In The Right Places
2. Keep Users On Your Site Longer
3. Find “Suggest” Keywords
4. Delete Zombie Pages
5. Do An Industry Study
6. Add Related Keywords to Your Content
7. Add Text to Infographics, Podcasts and Videos
8. Update Old Pages
9. Speed Up Your Website
10. Use the Google Search Console
11. Find more guest post opportunities

If you are noticing a drop in the traffic volume, then you must find out the main reason behind that. You must make sure that you do not overuse the keywords while writing content.

I abaddon my last website because the traffic is so low. That was not the only reason though, low traffic is the key that discourage me. If you have a website and spend time to write article and others, only to be seeing low traffic. There's no how you won't be discourage. But I abaddon the website is not the best thing to do when your website is not getting enough traffic. The best thing is to review your strategy and do more work.

I abaddon my last website because the traffic is so low. That was not the only reason though, low traffic is the key that discourage me. If you have a website and spend time to write article and others, only to be seeing low traffic. There's no how you won't be discourage. But I abaddon the website is not the best thing to do when your website is not getting enough traffic. The best thing is to review your strategy and do more work.
Considering the fact that I don't have any website nor any forum, but I think anytime one noticed that he began to have low traffic, avoiding it is the best.

Considering the fact that I don't have any website nor any forum, but I think anytime one noticed that he began to have low traffic, avoiding it is the best.
Avoiding it is not the best thing to do. There are 3 methods of getting traffic to your website. The first one is through organic method, which is google search. Second method is free method, promoting your website through forums, and third method is paid method, google ad. As a beginner, there's tendency that google will not rank your website high, and you may not get money to do ad. So your best method is free method. If the traffic you're getting to your is getting low , what you need to do is work hard in promoting your website.

When you promote your website on social media, you're exposing it to a larger audience, which can result in more traffic. Nevertheless, referral traffic is high-quality traffic because people are already interested in what you have to offer,
The above can help you sort out your issues.

you would seriously need to go back to your drawing board and check where the problem is coming from, take a very holistically view at it and then determine the best course of action to take.

Yes I defiantly worried if my traffic drop and I will first check if any problems lies within server as sometime you might lose your traffic if your site down but if everything is working find than I normally work on content and improve the site.

The first thing I check is the content I'm putting out - is it relevant to the audience that I'm intending to reach? If yes, then I check my promotion methods - how am I getting my site in front of my targeted audience.

The first thing I check is the content I'm putting out - is it relevant to the audience that I'm intending to reach? If yes, then I check my promotion methods - how am I getting my site in front of my targeted audience.

If traffic drops to a really low level, then I will be definitely be concerned. This is because traffic drops to a very low level when there is something wrong. Maybe getting an SEO expert would be the first thing on my mind.

If traffic drops to a really low level, then I will be definitely be concerned. This is because traffic drops to a very low level when there is something wrong. Maybe getting an SEO expert would be the first thing on my mind.
This can also be another angle. Getting an expert to diagnose the current situation could be very helpful as well. But the question these days is spotting good ones - almost everyone will claim they're experts these days.

This can also be another angle. Getting an expert to diagnose the current situation could be very helpful as well. But the question these days is spotting good ones - almost everyone will claim they're experts these days.

It could be a wise idea to hire an expert. However, I am sure that many people would not do that as they may have a specific budget and it may be not possible for them to hire someone.

Discovering the primary cause of any changes in traffic volume is important if you notice any. When writing content, you must be careful not to use keywords excessively.

Yes I defiantly worried if my traffic drop and I will first check if any problems lies within server as sometime you might lose your traffic if your site down but if everything is working find than I normally work on content and improve the site.
If you concentrate on just getting traffic without quality contents on your site you would be working in futility, as most people would not want to come back to your website again.

What do you do when traffic dips to really low levels on your sites? Like such low levels like when you start the site. Do you ever panic when your sites traffic is so low? Or do you look into it and try to find a reason as to why that is?

You have to first identify the root of the challenge, and ascertain the reasons for this problem. This will go a long way to enable you solve it. After this, then you start to implement measures which can generate traffic for your website such as advertisements

If you were receiving traffic from search engines and the traffic dipped really means your rank on SERP dropped. If you were receiving referral traffic and your traffic dipped means your social post is not reaching the target audience.

When I notice a dip in site traffic I don't tend to panic as there is always a reason as to why the site traffic dipped and the only way to work it out is to look into it and see what may have caused it. Panicking will lead to you not doing anything to solve the issue and you will continue to see low traffic levels. In most cases, it could be that your ranking in the search engines has dropped or it could be that you are using social media to promote your site and services, which is not reaching the target audience it was therefore you need to look into what you need to change to start hitting the target audience again.

The first thing that I am going to do is to check my analytics in-depth to see exactly what I am doing wrong. this is not going to give me an idea on the things that I am not doing wrong and change it.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds