Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What do you do if you encounter a dangerous person?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Lets say you're working your job, and a customer comes in, that customer is belligerent, rude and offensive, swearing up a storm of expletive's. What do you do in this case? I think I'd try to ask that person to leave, and if they don't, the police might get called. I try to calm the situation down as best I can, but sometimes you can only ask for help to remedy the situation. What do you do?

Advertisement Placeholder
Lets say you're working your job, and a customer comes in, that customer is belligerent, rude and offensive, swearing up a storm of expletive's. What do you do in this case? I think I'd try to ask that person to leave, and if they don't, the police might get called. I try to calm the situation down as best I can, but sometimes you can only ask for help to remedy the situation. What do you do?

Well, it is quite important to make sure that things do not escalate till that point, as many of customers could even engage in brawls as well. Having said that, calling the police might be the best option in order to deal with such kind of people.

I have never run into a situation like this. However, if that ever happens to me, I will try to be as polite as I can and ask the person to leave. If the person is stubborn and continues to make trouble, I will gather other people and through him out for the workplace.

I would try my best to stay professional and calm the person down, listen to him and politely tell him that this kind of behavior is not accepted at all. If he doesn't calm down, will get him removed from the premise either by taking help from other people or calling the police. Next, to make sure it doesn't happen again, will take necessary steps of maybe hiring a security guard, installing a hidden button under the desk that alerts the cops maybe.

I will signal the security to come close and be at alert incase the customers becomes violent. I will try and find out what the customer want, if he responds in a positive way, I will attend to him but if it's anything negative, I will ask the security to take them out.

I will signal the security to come close and be at alert incase the customers becomes violent. I will try and find out what the customer want, if he responds in a positive way, I will attend to him but if it's anything negative, I will ask the security to take them out.

There could be an instance when you may encounter such kind of person. However, the fact remains that reporting such kind of person to the authority should be the best thing you could do instead of endangering your life or your money. Violence is never the answer at all. It merely causes more problems.

There could be an instance when you may encounter such kind of person. However, the fact remains that reporting such kind of person to the authority should be the best thing you could do instead of endangering your life or your money. Violence is never the answer at all. It merely causes more problems.
I would never make any attempts to engage a customer like that who approached me. It's not my duty and it's not in my work description. It's why they have security in the business hall. I will let them do their job which they are paid for.

I would never make any attempts to engage a customer like that who approached me. It's not my duty and it's not in my work description. It's why they have security in the business hall. I will let them do their job which they are paid for.

I am quite sure that it i the job of the security workers in order to make sure that the workplace environment is safe. It is certainly not the job of each and every employee to get involved in such kind of matter. However, it is much better to remain on a safer side.

I am quite sure that it i the job of the security workers in order to make sure that the workplace environment is safe. It is certainly not the job of each and every employee to get involved in such kind of matter. However, it is much better to remain on a safer side.
My safer side at work is my working space which I wouldn't leave whenever there's a seemingly dangerous customers within the business premises. If the security doesn't do their job, I wouldn't leave my job to do it for them.

I will surely call the police in that situation too. If a customer is having a bad day, they should be careful not to transfer such aggression to me or my staff at work. It doesn't even make sense. So, letting the police come in to intervene is the first approach to take.

Whenever I encounter such a person in my business, if I have security, I would call them to take care of the person but if unfortunately I don't have any standby security in my business, I have the police on speed dial. They will be in my business premises swiftly to arrest the person. I don't like it when my business is disrupted.

I'd try to be as diplomatic as possible. However, there is only so much that diplomacy can do. If I feel like all my efforts are abortive, I would try to get the authorities involved. I would not want to get hurt because I'm trying to put up a front for business.

I will surely call the police in that situation too. If a customer is having a bad day, they should be careful not to transfer such aggression to me or my staff at work. It doesn't even make sense. So, letting the police come in to intervene is the first approach to take.

Exactly! The term customers are always right doesn't apply for me in this kind of situation. My business operations can never be in jeopardy because a customer is going through something that I don't know about. When you're in a public space, you are supposed to behave yourself.

Exactly! The term customers are always right doesn't apply for me in this kind of situation. My business operations can never be in jeopardy because a customer is going through something that I don't know about. When you're in a public space, you are supposed to behave yourself.

There are many businesses where you may need to defend yourselves from people who may harm you. I have seen many currency exchanges conducting businesses behind metal grills. This is because they have to make sure that they do not encounter a dangerous person like a robber.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds