Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What did you consider before picking a business name?

Frank

Captain Junkie
Credits
Picking a business name can be one of the most difficult things to do especially when you are looking for that unique name that will set your business apart from the rest. When I began my poultry farm, for instance, I considered the birds that I am rearing to be fantastic and that is how I coined a name for the business. What would you consider when picking a business name?

Advertisement Placeholder
I believe that the every entrepreneur must consider the nature of their business when it comes to giving or choosing their business name. There should be a connection with your business name and what your business is actually about. Your business name shouldn't be too far off from being linked to your business.

My last offline business name was registered in my ancestor's name. Interestingly, the name also suited to my business niche. When I coin a name for my business I always made sure that the name fits the business type.

I needed a business name which will have a strong bang when I was choosing the name for my business. It's a name which will capture anyone's attention whenever they hear or read it. It's going to make them curious to find out more about the business. This have brought sales to my business.

I have used my nickname as a business name in the past but it was when I was freshly out from the university. It wasn't a bad business name and none of my customers then had any problems with the name of the business. I think most customers are more interested in the quality of your business products and services than the name.

I have used my nickname as a business name in the past but it was when I was freshly out from the university. It wasn't a bad business name and none of my customers then had any problems with the name of the business. I think most customers are more interested in the quality of your business products and services than the name.

So, what kind of nickname did you choose? I think that you can choose a nickname and then make it sound like a company name. For example, you could choose a name such as "Heatman Inc.". Such kind of names are generally used by many businesses in many different ways.

My last offline business name was registered in my ancestor's name. Interestingly, the name also suited to my business niche. When I coin a name for my business I always made sure that the name fits the business type.
I've seen businesses which try to follow a sort ancestry in their naming and it looks like what you did with your business naming. For you to see your business registered in your ancestor's name show you have a strong connection to your history. Some people don't know anything about their ancestry.

Picking a business name can be one of the most difficult things to do especially when you are looking for that unique name that will set your business apart from the rest. When I began my poultry farm, for instance, I considered the birds that I am rearing to be fantastic and that is how I coined a name for the business. What would you consider when picking a business name?
Relevance: The name should be associated with the goals, services, or goods offered by your company.
Uniqueness: To prevent confusion, make sure it stands out from other firms.
Memorability: A memorable, catchy name can aid in branding.
Check the availability of the domain for the relevant website.
Legal Compliance: Verify that it complies with all applicable laws and trademarks.

I've seen businesses which try to follow a sort ancestry in their naming and it looks like what you did with your business naming. For you to see your business registered in your ancestor's name show you have a strong connection to your history. Some people don't know anything about their ancestry.

Apart from using the name of their ancestors, they also add a date as well. For example, they could add a date like "Since 1985" after the name of their business in order to make it appear like their business has been operating for a really long time. This makes them look trustworthy.

Apart from using the name of their ancestors, they also add a date as well. For example, they could add a date like "Since 1985" after the name of their business in order to make it appear like their business has been operating for a really long time. This makes them look trustworthy.
You can't lie about the age of your business and get away with it. You're giving your business rivals an opening to use and attack your business. If you're going add any year in your business name, it must be what can be verified with your business history.

So, what kind of nickname did you choose? I think that you can choose a nickname and then make it sound like a company name. For example, you could choose a name such as "Heatman Inc.". Such kind of names are generally used by many businesses in many different ways.

The nickname that I used start my business back then was Teoman C Enterprise. It's actually a very good name and I'm thinking of going fully global with the name for my business of poultry and fish farming. I have checked with our Corporate Affairs Commission CAC where business names are registered and no one owns a business by the name.

You can't lie about the age of your business and get away with it. You're giving your business rivals an opening to use and attack your business. If you're going add any year in your business name, it must be what can be verified with your business history.

This is true. The rivalry that we see in the business world is always high and as long as you are not losing focus, you will find it interesting while overcoming them. So, falsifying your business age is a big offense that rivals can use to destroy your business, if they ever found out.

This is true. The rivalry that we see in the business world is always high and as long as you are not losing focus, you will find it interesting while overcoming them. So, falsifying your business age is a big offense that rivals can use to destroy your business, if they ever found out.

Everyone is always looking for an opportunity to give their business a good push in the face and eyes of their potential customers. You're not supposed to do anything that's going to cost your business its credibility because you're customers will just start doubting your business.

They will find out, it's only the question of when. The rivals of your business have their eyes on your business activities every minute of the day. If your business is doing better, it will be worst with what they will be willing to do as long as they can bring you down.

I think it comes down to a few things. First you need to find a name that matches your business, but also one that you can market easily. As well, it can't be too similar to other popular companies, we don't want big companies coming after you either.

Research name ideas as well, look at what some sites are doing with theirs and get some ideas. A lot of companies use already known names, like greek god names or something like that.

Consider this, it has to be a name that is easy to remember and easy to spell out as well.

I think it comes down to a few things. First you need to find a name that matches your business, but also one that you can market easily. As well, it can't be too similar to other popular companies, we don't want big companies coming after you either.

Research name ideas as well, look at what some sites are doing with theirs and get some ideas. A lot of companies use already known names, like greek god names or something like that.

Consider this, it has to be a name that is easy to remember and easy to spell out as well.
I've witnessed some businesses with names too difficult to pronounce. It's a bad decision to choose a business which your customers will find difficult to express. They won't find it easy to recommend the business because they can't name it and this might make them forget the business so fast.

Your business name needs to be right to the last word it bears. This is because the business name is what represents your business out there in the public, with not having it right, there's no way your business wouldn't be giving some of your potential customers misconceptions about the business.

Yes, it is true that your business name is supposed to be on point and what your potential customers can always relate with when they are trying to buy from you. So, what are the things that you considered when you picked a business name for your business? Did you arrive at a name after an event or something?

I've witnessed some businesses with names too difficult to pronounce. It's a bad decision to choose a business which your customers will find difficult to express. They won't find it easy to recommend the business because they can't name it and this might make them forget the business so fast.

This is very wrong for a business because that makes it impossible for anyone to even make use of the business. You can't look up online a business that you don't know how to spell it's name. The person who might want to refer the business wouldn't even know how to tell you about the name. This kind of business losses customers every minute.

This is very wrong for a business because that makes it impossible for anyone to even make use of the business. You can't look up online a business that you don't know how to spell it's name. The person who might want to refer the business wouldn't even know how to tell you about the name. This kind of business losses customers every minute.
A business name should be catchy and simple. This will make it easier for customers to identify with the business without much difficult. If a customer is having a hard time to remember your business name, they will end up referring another business they can remember easily which sell what you're selling.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds