Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What cause a sudden traffic spike?

glitch

beep boop
Credits
When you can't actually find your page being shared anywhere and most of the traffic is still coming from search engines, what would be the cause of this?

I had a page recently go from averaging around 20 vies per day to having one day of shooting over 500!

Advertisement Placeholder
If you see a sudden traffic spike on your website, it could be due to several reasons. Sometimes it could be as a result of a spambot attack, or someone might have mentioned your site's link on a popular influencer's page with a huge following.

If your content is harned high on search engines for high traffic keywords, your website will get a traffic spike. This usually happens when you have published on a trending topic. I once published an article on Covid (during the early days of the pandemic when a lot of people were searching information online), I have a huge traffic surge.

A lot could cause a spike in traffic. Promoting it on social media, and through ads, your site being featured on another site, doing giveaways, festivals and more.

Someone else could also share your link, in turn causing it to possibly go viral.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds