Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

What brought you to building your own site/forum?

Website
agoraforo.com
Credits
Building your own website can be a rewarding experience, both personally and professionally. For some, it may have started as a passion project, while for others, it may have been a necessity for their business or career. Whatever the reason may be, building a website requires effort, dedication, and a willingness to learn and grow.

So, what brought you to building your own site? Was it a desire to showcase your creativity or a need to establish your online presence? Did you want to share your expertise on a particular topic or simply learn a new skill? The reasons may vary, but the process is often the same - researching and selecting a domain name, choosing a web hosting provider, and building your site from scratch.

In today's digital age, having an online presence is more important than ever. Whether you're a blogger, entrepreneur, or a professional in any field, having a website can help you establish your credibility, showcase your expertise, and connect with your target audience. So, what brought you to building your own site? Share your story and inspire others to take the first step towards their own online journey. :D

Advertisement Placeholder
Building forums has definitely been a passion when it comes to forums themself and coding. I feel like I own a non-profit business that offers help to those in need and that can be an encouraging thing. Forums are the main way I communicate with people nowadays and I love the type of communication forums have to offer, where you can discuss various aspects with one another.

The lack of graphic support, we used to see a large amount of requests going unanswered on boards, so we decided to make a board that prioritised graphics requests. And we threw in a discussion section as well.

The lack of graphic support, we used to see a large amount of requests going unanswered on boards, so we decided to make a board that prioritised graphics requests. And we threw in a discussion section as well.
Graphics world has thinned out drastically but at the same time so have requests. How much requests do you fill averagely per month?

I'd have to say way back when I first started I did so because I wished to run my own Harvest Moon forum. I was going to even try to do what others did by having guides, tips, tricks, etc for the new titles. Sadly that didn't pan out, and so I focused on the forum more as Fogu/Ushi no Tane does it way better than I could have. I honestly miss the old days of Harvest Moon websites that just so happened to have a forum attached. I wanted to try that route, but then decided a forum solely was better. It was on Zetaboards.

Sadly the board only stayed online for maybe less than a year or so, but it was still one of my more successful forums at the time. Discussion Block is looking to hopefully be my second ever forum with some success thus far. I honestly think DB would fit better these days, but a new Harvest Moon forum would be nice IMO.

Edit: I should also mention and say me being young back then didn't help with matters.

Last edited:
I've been into computers and "communications based sites" for a long time (think back to the original BBS era).
I started playing with some free scripts and then decided to set some sites up for hobbies I was interested in. Problem was I was more into the tech aspect of setting up and running the sites and not as into actually getting content onto them.
My current site is a melding of both now..... it's a hobby I enjoy, it gives me a place to put what I produce from that hobby and discuss it. It also helps that I'm not as anally retentive as the one of the "big" sites, and actively push other sites on mine via a link directory as my main goal is spreading the knowledge, not concentrating on trying to become a big site. If interested people simply visit and then use links elsewhere to further their knowledge, I consider that mission one done. Would I like for them to join... yep, and slowly folks are doing that.

In 2014, I was earning really well by publishing on a certain site. Then the side stopped paying me and later shut down. I lost my income stream. Then I started thinking to build my own site so that I was not at mercy of other people. I created my first site, a blog, in 2015.
It's always good to be the one that makes the decision on how you earn by creating and managing the source. It's the same thing with starting your own business instead of working for the rest of your life for another company. It's never easy at the beginning but when you have a clear goal, you will surely find your feet.

I originally started creating forums because I wanted to have a place to discuss the game I enjoyed and roleplay for it! I was interested in this theme completely! I thought it would bring a lot of activity and be fun to put time into. I made it because I hadn't found something with what I had envisioned in my head. Due to not finding something I wanted to bring it to life myself! It was a great way to explore the possibilities and what pushed me to continue to join and participate on forums.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 77.4%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds