Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

What are your thoughts on Twitch and its discoverability?

Website
www.revillution.net
Credits
Twitch is one of the biggest and most well-known streaming platforms out there with thousands up on thousands of people streaming to the platform daily. One thing many people have noticed with Twitch though, especially if you are a smaller streamer is the chance to be discovered on the platform. Whilst it is possible, many find they get noticed more when they promote themselves off the platform rather than relying on Twitch and its discoverability.

What are your thoughts on Twitch and its discoverability?

Advertisement Placeholder
I have found some streamers playing games I've looked up randomly or games I played. I have done this with niche games before, and sometimes get lucky with a streamer playing it.

As far as being discovered as a new streamer it can be rough. I know that so many people are streaming nowadays and so it's so oversaturated. I will always suggest to content creators to make social media for your brand, a Discord, and prolly even a website or something.

Discoverability is quite low on Twitch. It depends on the game you play and its community as well. In some games, I can get viewers quite quickly because it's a "big fish in a small pond" type deal. In others, it takes some time because you are one of thousands of channels streaming a game.

Very much what @Progrumz said above. I think it's a big fish in a small pond. I've found small streamers the same way as Kale did above too. It is suuper over done nowadays, and see so many kids/teenagers who wanna be a streamer or youtuber these days.

I did read today that Twitch is bringing in improvements in 2023 and some of them seemed to be geared toward discoverability which is nice to see. Twitch made the announcements themselves so it is official that we will see some changes this year that might be better for smaller streamers.

These are the changes announced

-Tag clustering experiments
- More homepage shelves and dedicated collections powered by Tags
- An expansion of Tag referrals/discovery analytics in the Dashboard

There is a lot more coming as well which sounds really cool so I am excited to see how these work out when they do release them
You can see more here: Twitch 2023 Improvements

Twitch's discoverability isn't the greatest, especially for smaller streamers.
I feel like the big streamers get more attention and the smaller streamers are lucky if they get a chance to be discovered.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 22 81.5%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds