Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What are the best criteria to use in choosing a stock or stocks for long term investment.

Kayzzy3

Mythical member
Credits
People invest in the stock market with different expectation and strategies so as to achieve their economic goal.
As a young man, someone advised that I invest in stock, that was years ago, investment was made in a bank stock, few year later the bank folded and their assets we're acquired by another bank, all those who invested, lost their investments.
So my question is what are things young investors should consider before investing in a stock for the long term?

Advertisement Placeholder
I think you should look at for the right investors
Investors who aim at wealth preservation have a low tolerance for risk, by nature or because of their circumstances. They prefer to invest in stable blue-chip corporations. They might zero in on consumer staples, the companies that do well in good times and bad. They do not chase initial public offerings (IPOs).
Investors who are looking for capital appreciation are looking for the stocks of companies that are in their best early growth years. They are willing to take a higher degree of risk for the chance of big gains.

For you to be successful in the shares and stock market you need to get a mentor or a stake holder in the business who has acquired a great experience in the field of shares and stock to guide you to achieve your aim.

For long term investment in stock the best choice is a blue chip company. It is a big company that has been existing for many years. In other words a blue chip company is tested by time for its stability and endurance in the business. However, the downside to the blue chip stocks is the slow earnings because the value of the stocks will increase but not drastic. The upside is the probability of a stock dividend that you may receive.

Know the Company The first thing an investor should do is to go through the history of the company. The history of a company tells the journey of the company and its accomplishments. History narrates what path company chose for growth, whether it did acquisition for growth or invested in its own business to grow. Next, an investor should read is the philosophy, mission and vision of the company, these things help to understand the focus of the company. Once an investor go through the company profile, he will has understanding of the company business.

My brother there is nothing like cryteria, what you must find out first is the companies reputation and there history, find out how long they have been in existence, check their review, do they have positive reviews or negative one? If you know those who have invested already do well to ask them. this things are more than necessary than everyother thing.

People invest in the stock market with different expectation and strategies so as to achieve their economic goal.
As a young man, someone advised that I invest in stock, that was years ago, investment was made in a bank stock, few year later the bank folded and their assets we're acquired by another bank, all those who invested, lost their investments.
So my question is what are things young investors should consider before investing in a stock for the long term?
Consider the future value of the stock, if the stock isn't doing well now, it's still fine but by the time you plan to turn over the stocks, will it still be in demand? also, the funds to be used in such investments should not be a short term fund or loan, you don't finance a long term project with a short term loan.

Understanding Economic Conditions

The significant securities exchange midpoints are considered forward-looking monetary markers. For instance, predictable shortcoming in the Dow Jones Industrial Average could mean that the economy has begun to finish out and that profit are beginning to fall. Something very similar applies if the significant market midpoints begin to rise reliably however the financial numbers are indicating that the economy is as yet feeble.

When in doubt, stock costs will in general lead the real economy in the scope of six to a year. A genuine illustration of this is the U.S. financial exchange crash in 1929, which in the end prompted the Great Depression.

Consider the future value of the stock, if the stock isn't doing well now, it's still fine but by the time you plan to turn over the stocks, will it still be in demand? also, the funds to be used in such investments should not be a short term fund or loan, you don't finance a long term project with a short term loan.

Great current and projected productivity. When picking stocks, it's imperative to think about an organization's monetary basics, including profit, working edges and income. Together, these components can portray the organization's present monetary wellbeing and how productive it's probably going to be in the close and long haul.

For investment in stocks the most commonly used instrument is usually the financial statement. The financial statement has data on how well the firm is performing on the financial side. With this you can project how much profit the company will make the following year. Also you would also be able to look at how much the company is worth and how much it owes to creditors. All these numbers are very vital in order to make investments decisions.

The process of selecting what stocks to invest in can be simplified by using five basic evaluative criteria.
  • Good current and projected profitability. ...
  • Favorable asset utilization. ...
  • Conservative capital structure. ...
  • Earnings momentum. ...
  • Intrinsic value (rather than market value).
Sep 18, 2018

First thing is to look at the prospectus of the company and all it says about their Misson. Next is to look into the management team of the company to ensure they are competent. Lastly look at the financial statements of the company and see how the company is doing.

Create and maintain an emergency fund.
Most smart investors put enough money in a savings product to cover an emergency, like sudden unemployment. Some make sure they have up to six months of their income in savings so that they know it will absolutely be there for them when they need it.

In choosing where to invest, you must take a look at the track record of the company, their profits and loss history, their insurance cover or arrangements and the entire business environment before you commit your cash into it.

As a general rule of thumb, you typically want to do the exact opposite of what everyone else is doing. If your friends are talking about selling bonds and putting all that money in the stock market, it might be a good time to sell some stocks and buy bonds. When everyone is getting in, you should be getting out!

they should "forget" about making profits on the stock for the time being, also they should always be remembering the fact that there can arise some loss even in the investment

The best criteria to use in selecting a stock company is, the longevity of the business organization and it organization operations and it success.

invest in the stocks you know that are easy to make profits from, also as a young investor, especially someone who hasn't done it before, expect to make loss

The most important thing to do as a potential investor who wants to invest in a firm,is to check the companys history and record,their financial track records and the directors and those that manages the operation of the organisation.This will show you whether they have the capacity to deliver in their operations.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds