Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Were you ever scared working online wasn't going to work out?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Working online isn't for everyone. And for those just starting out, it can be confusing to navigate it all. But, were you ever scared working online wasn't going to work out for you? Did you ever have times where you weren't making money and felt like that was it? I have been scared from time to time working online, mainly about money and how I'd get paid, and all that.

Did you ever encounter a time where nothing was working right for you, and you nearly quit because of it?

Advertisement Placeholder
When I started working online, I already had an offline income source. I was just trying to experiment when I started working online. It took a couple of years to actually receive first payment. I was working just a couple of hours daily mostly on article sites. I did not have anything to lose, so I was not scared.

I was never scared my venturing into working online as a freelancer was going to be a failure. I started working online to make more money and not as my only means of earning a living. I had job security, and this made me work online without any pressure.

No, I was never afraid that it wouldn't work because it started as a hobby and simply to increase my overall earnings alongside my offline work, that's why I just scaled my earnings online without worrying too much about whether it was going to work or not, although I took it very seriously and I still take it very seriously to this day.

No, I was never afraid that it wouldn't work because it started as a hobby and simply to increase my overall earnings alongside my offline work, that's why I just scaled my earnings online without worrying too much about whether it was going to work or not, although I took it very seriously and I still take it very seriously to this day.

Exactly! It is going to be only those who are making use of working online as a freelancer their only means of making money that will be in a very serious fustration wherever it is no longer a viable option for them to make money from.

It means that they're going to have to start all over when it comes to looking for job.

Exactly! It is going to be only those who are making use of working online as a freelancer their only means of making money that will be in a very serious fustration wherever it is no longer a viable option for them to make money from.

It means that they're going to have to start all over when it comes to looking for job.
You need to verify that the employer has verified the payment method on freelancing platforms like Upwork and also see feedback because some of them are been hired and then the employer gets the work and does not deliver the funds and runs away from the platform.

You need to verify that the employer has verified the payment method on freelancing platforms like Upwork and also see feedback because some of them are been hired and then the employer gets the work and does not deliver the funds and runs away from the platform.

This is one of the most important thing for you to look at whenever you are interested in working online as a freelancer. This is because if there is no sure payment method available for you to get your payment, it is not advisable for you to take on any job on that platform.

I know the skills that I got, and panicking about how I make money online never crossed my mind. I just focused fully on looking for options to earn online while improving my skills on a daily basis.

I know the skills that I got, and panicking about how I make money online never crossed my mind. I just focused fully on looking for options to earn online while improving my skills on a daily basis.
The learning conjuncture is a progressive one and needs some time to switch from the beginner phase to the intermediate phase to the expert level especially since learning more than one skill in parallel could not let you learn as well, there is an order in learning.

Having a skill that's in high demand is always going to make it very easy for you to get jobs as a freelancer. It's why you have to put in more efforts in skills acquisition that's going to make you become a hot prospect in the sector.

If you're scared of something, better have a back up plan in case your fears become a reality. I was scared of losing my job, my back up plan was starting a business. I began working online as a side hustle, my back plan in case it fails is planning on starting a second business.

The learning conjuncture is a progressive one and needs some time to switch from the beginner phase to the intermediate phase to the expert level especially since learning more than one skill in parallel could not let you learn as well, there is an order in learning.

Working online as a freelancer is something like learning on the job while you are practicing. The moment you keep working, there is always going to be an improved standard in how good you get on the job that you have already completed, so this makes you get better every day you continue working.

If you have the skills which would help in working online as a freelancer easier, the level of confidence in you will be high. Fear and panic will be the last things to worry you.

If you're scared of something, better have a back up plan in case your fears become a reality. I was scared of losing my job, my back up plan was starting a business. I began working online as a side hustle, my back plan in case it fails is planning on starting a second business.

This is a very good advice for anyone who is doing anything when it comes to working. It doesn't matter if you are working online as a freelancer or offline in companies, it is very important for you to have a back-up plan even in your own businesses as well. This is so that you will have something that is going to help and resuscitate you should whatever you are doing doesn't go as planned.

This is a very good advice for anyone who is doing anything when it comes to working. It doesn't matter if you are working online as a freelancer or offline in companies, it is very important for you to have a back-up plan even in your own businesses as well. This is so that you will have something that is going to help and resuscitate you should whatever you are doing doesn't go as planned.
If you work offline for companies the salary doesn't increase and the bottle of water and coffee and the eating price every day increase means you find yourself on the end obliged to do some freelancing activities to handle the difference of the price. This is the reality unfortunally.

If you work offline for companies the salary doesn't increase and the bottle of water and coffee and the eating price every day increase means you find yourself on the end obliged to do some freelancing activities to handle the difference of the price. This is the reality unfortunally.

Yes, this is true. If where you're earning money from doesn't increase your pay, inflation won't have pity on your earnings. Products will keep becoming expensive while the earning stays low. The person's purchasing might will keep dwindling.

Two years ago, many of the sites I worked on started to close and I was losing income every day and I already decided that only people with skills would remain freelance or something like that and then I even for a few months just immersed myself in my main offline work

Two years ago, many of the sites I worked on started to close and I was losing income every day and I already decided that only people with skills would remain freelance or something like that and then I even for a few months just immersed myself in my main offline work
There is a lot of surprises in the world of freelancing you have just to remain a little patient and then not be eager for result and multiply for income sources.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds