Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

VPS prices from some are getting nutz

Website
astrowhat.com
Credits
Was looking at setting another ES instance on a VPS so was pricing around.
So far, the best on price (and also reliable) offerings I've found have been from Hetzner. I currently have a 4vCPU/8GB/160GB VPS instance and pay around $16 a month. From most others that I would be comfortable using they are twice or more that price.
I have no issues with using AMD chipsets for the virtualization (6 of one, 1/2 dozen of another). But I do wish they offered Intel offerings in their U.S. data centers.
KVM based
2vCPU/2GB/40GB VPS instance is about $4.75 USD a month.
2vCPU/4GB/40GB VPS instance is about $5.84 USD a month.

KnownHost
2vCPU/2GB/75GB VPS instance is $20 USD a month.

RamNode
KVM based
2vCPU/2GB/65GB VPS instance is $12 USD a month.

OVH
2vCPU/2GB/80GB VPS instance is $14.70 USD a month.

Advertisement Placeholder
That’s a hefty price yeah. I guess it’s due the inflation globally as well as the rising electricity bills. Although, they have been declining the past few months, so maybe there’s a different aspect in role.

I didn't think about electricity bills, but that makes sense. When more appliances and vehicles are required to be electric, I can imagine that cost will go up substantially more.

That’s a hefty price yeah. I guess it’s due the inflation globally as well as the rising electricity bills. Although, they have been declining the past few months, so maybe there’s a different aspect in role.
One day I'll probably get back to dedicated iron and set up my own VPS instances... but even those have gone crazy. Something that a few years ago I might pay $80 for is now around $170.
I honestly would rather put those pennies aside for the $2400 USD of filters I'm wanting for my own use.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 22 81.5%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds