Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Vinyl Record Collecting

Advertisement Placeholder
Errr.. not really "into" that.. but we have a "shit ton" of old 78RPM (and some older) records that my wife seems "stuck" on keeping..
I mean, I could see if she wanted to sell them at a profit... but something about "my grand-daddy listened to them" rings a bell with her.. never mind we can't (and don't) listen to them!
We've also got a crap-ton of older 45RPM records that are worth a nice "eating establishment" visit that her parents had... but she simply wants to keep them... I guess to pass on to our kids who could care less about them other than how much they could line their pocketbooks. :ROFLMAO:

How about the sound of old records? Does anyone feel they have a different sound? Is it better?
With quality equipment to listen (and decent media) it's well worth the listen.
Is it as "clean" as digital? No way.. but if you are an actual old shit, the vinyl will take you bak to your "days" (again, with decent equipment) a LOT quicker than listening to digital will.

With quality equipment to listen (and decent media) it's well worth the listen.
Is it as "clean" as digital? No way.. but if you are an actual old shit, the vinyl will take you bak to your "days" (again, with decent equipment) a LOT quicker than listening to digital will.
I hear a difference for sure and there's a reason why they sound different. It has to do with how it was recorded. Well, I like the sound.

Being of the age that I am.. I probably have a LOT more experience at listening to actual "vinyl" while growing up... I am of the era of vinyl, then 8-tracks, then cassette, CD's and the eventually streaming. I still prefer to listen to CD's over streaming frequently... and to get back to the "basics... give me my cassettes. Not as good as vinyl.. but it takes me back to cruising around in the Camaro with the current girlfriend/date and then finding the "best" place to go park. The early 80's was a blast for a young man with self-confidence.

Being of the age that I am.. I probably have a LOT more experience at listening to actual "vinyl" while growing up... I am of the era of vinyl, then 8-tracks, then cassette, CD's and the eventually streaming. I still prefer to listen to CD's over streaming frequently... and to get back to the "basics... give me my cassettes. Not as good as vinyl.. but it takes me back to cruising around in the Camaro with the current girlfriend/date and then finding the "best" place to go park. The early 80's was a blast for a young man with self-confidence.
I was a kid in the 80s and had a radio/tape player. It was fun to record songs off the radio. Also, it was fun to make a pretend radio station with music from the radio in the background being recorded on a tape.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 75.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds