Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Using Pop Up / Pop Under Ads to Drive Traffic to Your Site

Justin

Captain Junkie
Credits
You can not only use pop up and pop under ads to monetize your site but also use these ad networks to build traffic to your site. I don't have a site and I don't have any experience with pop up ads or pop under ads as an advertiser or a publisher. Has anyone one used pop up or pop under ads to build traffic to his or her site? Can you earn from CPM ads when you use pop up/under ads?

Advertisement Placeholder
You can not only use pop up and pop under ads to monetize your site but also use these ad networks to build traffic to your site. I don't have a site and I don't have any experience with pop up ads or pop under ads as an advertiser or a publisher. Has anyone one used pop up or pop under ads to build traffic to his or her site? Can you earn from CPM ads when you use pop up/under ads?
Pop- up are good for adverts and driving for traffic to sites, but I becomes annoying when 3 or 4 adverts are imbedded in one pop-up, you'd have to click 4 or 5 times before you get to destination.

Most sites these days make use of the same strategy, I think it can be done using shortened URL services too.

Well I think pop up helps to monetize a website you get paid because of the ads and all. In terms of bringing more traffic to the site??, I don't agree with that, personally I find them annoying, but it is definitely a great way to get your message out there.

If you are using adsense ads on your site, you must avoid using pop up traffic on your site as adsense prohibits pop up traffic. Some people also say that you should not use pop up ads on your site if you are using adsense ads, but I have not found any clear rule regarding this.

I agree that pop-up ads are good to attract the reader. However, my personal opinion on pop-up ads is that it is terribly annoying. The largest newspaper here called Inquirer has so many pop-ups on its online version that sometimes I am turned off in reading the news. It makes me wonder why the online version of that largest newspaper has to resort to pop-up ads like it is a poor network when in fact it is the richest news network.

If you are using adsense ads on your site, you must avoid using pop up traffic on your site as adsense prohibits pop up traffic. Some people also say that you should not use pop up ads on your site if you are using adsense ads, but I have not found any clear rule regarding this.
Thank you very much for explaining this. I don't have a website, therefore, I do not have any experience of using pop up traffic or monetization. Bases on your answer, I guess I can use pop up traffic as long as I am not running adsense

I have used pop up ads along with AdSense and until now I have not received any violation emails regarding this. Therefore, I guess you can use pop up ads along with adsense. However, traffic on the site running adsense ads should come from reputed sources. You should avoid pop traffic, ptc traffic, traffic exchange, etc.

I am not fan of pop traffic or pop ads either. However, as a website owner I have tested with all sorts of methods for driving traffic and generating revenue. Wile you might earn few bucks from pop ads, pop traffic is no different than traffic exchange traffic.

Making use of pop-up advertisement on other websites to gain traffic to your website is actually not quite good because what you will get mostly are artificial traffic not organic traffic.

Using pop up and pop down ads to drive traffic to your site is a very good idea and I find it very interesting, but you will have to put your pop up on popular website

Using pop up and pop under ads to drive traffic can be considered good as long as you are not using adsense ads on your site. Adsense can ban you if it finds your pop traffic

Well I think pop up helps to monetize a website you get paid because of the ads and all. In terms of bringing more traffic to the site??, I don't agree with that, personally I find them annoying, but it is definitely a great way to get your message out there.
Inasmuch as the Pop-Up and pop under hard but helps to maintain a website but the very pop-up is always very intrusive especially when one is doing something important so to me I would never use it as a method to advertise my product.

Since the Pop-Up and pop-under hard but helps to maintain a website but the very pop-up is always very intrusive especially when one is doing something important so to me I would never use it as a method to advertise my product.
Yeah, same here. Sometimes I just want to read through an article and I have to constantly fight my way through popups and it sometimes gets very annoying.

Yeah, same here. Sometimes I just want to read through an article and I have to constantly fight my way through popups and it sometimes gets very annoying.
This method of advertisement might actually be very lucrative for the advertisers but it is definitely very obstructive for those that are on the website so if I had a website I would never accept pop-ups advertisement on my website.

i don't think it's worth it for many reasons, first reason is that they should be expensive, second reason is that people close those pop-ups real quick and the last reason is that some people might be using adblockers, so your website won't even appear for them

Popup ads and pop under ads are good ways of many money but sometimes it is not good for the user experience. The way some pops us will be annoying for a user. It will make a user not to return to your website after experiencing such. You need to use other types

I'm a website owner and I'm still trying to build my traffic little by little. I want to build the website to a good extent before monitizing it so I really don't have any idea about the pop up are for now.

I have used popads on my free blogspot website Manny time and it is OK but the problem with it is that users don't like the ads for they find it annoying and they do leave website.

As a blogger and website owner I don't like pop up ads just because of the fact that it can be distracting the members of the platform and it can even chase them off the platform so I will go for pop under ads

Pop up ads used to be a thing back then and proved a great source of traffic until a greater number of people started complaining and disliking them.
In today's advertisement world, I think advertising with banner ads well placed would do better than pop up ads

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds