Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Unprofessional Staff

Ash

Reputable member
Credits
Would you ever recruit a member that is unprofessional in the way he types and acts to become a staff member? If you did find a staff member being unprofessional, would you fire them?

Advertisement Placeholder
I agree with xploiter. I have never hired someone who is unprofessional or doesn't have much past experience. Although, I have fired a moderator because he wasn't acting very professionally. It's pretty annoying for members and administrators to have staff members who don't know how to act, isn't it?

If someone applied to be a member of staff who was unprofessional in how they acted, I'd just turn them flat down. They could be some kind of genius money spinner for all I cared, but I value community cohesion, what's money when you've got some mass hatred? xD

I would never hire someone who acts unprofessional. Why would anyone even do that? It's like creating problem for oneself. However, if a staff member starts acting unprofessional, I would have to give them a warning before taking any action like, firing them. I wouldn't fire them immediately, especially if they had been doing very great(which it's expected) before their misbehavior.

It takes two things for me to fire staff:
a) Being inactive
b) Unprofessional
I hate it when someone loses it or starts acting like they own my forum, its just making me feel bad, most of the time I get mad if someone starts to think the forum as they own it, I mean ok I promoted you to admin but I thought you will be professional about it and not start doing major changes that are useless.

I definitely wouldn't hire someone who didn't post well as a staff member, however if the member posts well but has no experience I would give them the opportunity to get a feel for being staff. However if they let the power get to their head they would definitely get demoted in a heartbeat. But hiring unprofessional staff looks bad on your forum and would probably keep guests from registering. :\

If someone acted unprofessionally before they were staff, then they will never become staff. However, if for some reason they were already staff and then started to act unprofessionally, then I would give them one chance to change. If they blew that chance then I would have to fire them.

I mean if the expectation for him as staff was to be professional chances are he wouldn't act that way.
I've never had a staff in any forum act that way towards me

Advantage is that unprofessional staff can always learn if they really want to be good staff.

I would give him or her the benefit of the doubt allowing them to prove they can become professional conducting their work correctly.

If they are willing to improve and show it off, it's worth the time invested to help them improve. If not, fire them immediately!!!

I might give them the benefit of the doubt if I think they can turn a new leaf but it really depends as if its someone who could give away confidential info then I'd not hire them.

Sometimes unprofessional staff do have an advantage of being more in touch with memberbase simply because they don't have that professional barrier.

I might give them the benefit of the doubt if I think they can turn a new leaf but it really depends as if its someone who could give away confidential info then I'd not hire them.

Sometimes unprofessional staff do have an advantage of being more in touch with memberbase simply because they don't have that professional barrier.
That's just it; over-professional makes one lose touch with the members, I think even in the act of being professional one should create a way to get along with the members. I'm professional on my site, but I do try as much as possible to also be with the members and not have this separate sphere like the head man in charge.

Of course you would not hire someone who was unprofessional as staff, it would be a disaster. You need to keep your members happy and a unprofessional staff member can discourage your members from participating. There are plenty of other opportunities on most forums, so you can just look at the next applicant.

That's just it; over-professional makes one lose touch with the members, I think even in the act of being professional one should create a way to get along with the members. I'm professional on my site, but I do try as much as possible to also be with the members and not have this separate sphere like the head man in charge.

Yes! From a member's standpoint there is nothing worst than having an admin that feels himself/herself as a superior and untouchable being, and refrained to get involved directly with members.

I could say this is the best way to scare members away, and worst if the head person of a forum encourages the staff to observe the same attitude, living in a world apart.

I mean if you know they are unprofessional before you hire them, then you should look at your hiring policy and yourself, as its not the best of ideas to just hire anybody. If they act unprofessional through out the course of there employment, you should give them warnings , and then if they continue to disregard the warnings you should fire them.

Don't you think this question's answer it a bit obvious?
I will never hire such a person and will fire if one staff starts to act unprofessional! :O
Ha ha. Says the most unprofessional staff here :$ Jk jk ily man, don't hit me :O

Nah in all seriousness though, Xpl0iter brings up a valid point xD Ask a silly question and you will get a silly answer. Although, if anything. I am actually not that professional now am I? I made a living and a business off a lot of my websites and made a fortune doing so. However I not only lost it once, but twice. How more unprofessional can you get ;)

Ha! Ha! Ha!
It would be awesome to have enough traffic to require staff!!
Although a bit old comment, this made my day xD

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds