Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Under-12 tackle football ban passes House committee

Credits
After hearing testimony from the loved ones of football players diagnosed with chronic traumatic encephalopathy, a bill that would ban tackle football in Illinois for children under the age of 12 passed a House committee on Thursday.
The measure, House Bill 4341, advanced on a 11-9 vote despite concerns from some lawmakers on the unfinished research behind CTE and the apparent lack of notice to opponents of the bill, who were not able to testify at Thursday’s Stratton Building hearing.
“HB 4341 is a bill that will protect children’s brains and protect the future of football,” said state Rep. Carol Sente, D-Vernon Hills, the bill’s chief sponsor.

Source: http://www.sj-r.com/news/20180301/under-12-tackle-football-ban-passes-house-committee

This is just in Illinois, but whoa. Obviously, there is no doubting the dangers of CTE and all of those issues, but I feel like we should allow parents to parent their children. This is insane. Seriously.

How do you guys feel about this?

Advertisement Placeholder
When I was a kid we did some tackle football on the grass. However, a while back I was around some guys wanting to play it on the pavement! So do you all think that's dumb or brave?

Last edited:
Source: http://www.sj-r.com/news/20180301/under-12-tackle-football-ban-passes-house-committee

This is just in Illinois, but whoa. Obviously, there is no doubting the dangers of CTE and all of those issues, but I feel like we should allow parents to parent their children. This is insane. Seriously.

How do you guys feel about this?

I doubt if I would allow my kid to do the things I did. For instance, the road I grew up on has too many fast cars for bicycles. Also, there is hunters in the mountains and people that would shoot you for trespassing (Well, more so now than at my age). I used to also go fast down hills for fun with no helmet (and paid for it) and shoot bottle rockets out at cars.

How can a kid be protected from danger and would life be fun if they were?

I doubt if I would allow my kid to do the things I did. For instance, the road I grew up on has too many fast cars for bicycles. Also, there is hunters in the mountains and people that would shoot you for trespassing (Well, more so now than at my age). I used to also go fast down hills for fun with no helmet (and paid for it) and shoot bottle rockets out at cars.

How can a kid be protected from danger and would life be fun if they were?

Exactly. Let kids be kids, and let parents parent. Let’s not overcomplicate things with completely unnecessary legislation.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds