Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Traffic and paying more to your host?

Website
craftercraze.com
Credits
Are you ready to have more traffic to your site? Doesn't that mean you'll have to end up paying more to your host to have that traffic?

I think that having traffic can be good, but not all traffic can generate revenue unless your site is set up with ads. Is your site prepared?

Currently, I don't know if any of my sites are ready for heavy traffic flow. I know we don't have major ads to pay for an upgrade with our hosting company.

Advertisement Placeholder
I host my own sites through servers I pay for. It is cheap and east for me. If I were to pay for hosting for all my sites, it would easily be $500+ a month. I am only paying $30 a month for my servers.

Keep an eye on your hosting resource usage, such as CPU, RAM, and bandwidth. Some hosting providers offer monitoring tools or resource allocation reports that can help you identify potential bottlenecks. Understanding your resource usage can guide you in making informed decisions about your hosting plan.

Are you ready to have more traffic to your site? Doesn't that mean you'll have to end up paying more to your host to have that traffic?

I think that having traffic can be good, but not all traffic can generate revenue unless your site is set up with ads. Is your site prepared?

Currently, I don't know if any of my sites are ready for heavy traffic flow. I know we don't have major ads to pay for an upgrade with our hosting company.
The amount you need to pay your web host does not directly determine the amount of traffic your website can handle.

If your website receives a significant increase in traffic, it may require more server resources to handle the load efficiently. In such cases, you might need to upgrade your hosting plan that offers more resources. This could involve paying more to your web host.

From my experience I don't think you are going to get more traffic by paying more money to you hosting provider because they don't usually work in generating traffic for your website but they are going to help to ensure that your website be capable of carrying the level of traffic that you're going to get if you have such traffic to your website.

I host my own sites through servers I pay for. It is cheap and east for me. If I were to pay for hosting for all my sites, it would easily be $500+ a month. I am only paying $30 a month for my servers.

I can say that paying $30 a month for all of your servers is a very good deal. I know some people who pay a lot more for their servers and it's not like they are getting something that much different from what others are getting.

I use shared hosting. My websites are small so I do not have any problems yet. However, if my website starts getting a lot of traffic, shared hosting might not be enough, I will have to upgrade, which means I will have to pay 2X or even 3-4X. I also run ads on my site, therefore, when I receive more traffic, I will also be generating more revenue. When I earn better revenue, I will have no problem in paying additional money to my web host.

Shared hosting can handle quite a bit. I'm not sure at what point you would need a VPS or a dedicated server, which is the highest hosting thing. Well, is anyone planning to make another Facebook? It's obvious those huge sites need at least a dedicated server, actually more than that!

When money is there, paying for VPS or a dedicated server isn't going to be very difficult for a website owner especially when the website is having a big surge in terms of members and activities. Take a look at TikTok, they definitely used a dedicated server setting it up.

Your host shouldn't be able to dictate how many users can access your site based on what you pay for your hosting. You should never pay a host more in the hopes they give you more traffic in return. Hosts don't give you traffic, they are just there to host your site. You're responsible for finding ways of gaining said traffic. The more you have doesn't matter, it shouldn't make your host charge you more.

What can you say? More traffic could force an upgrade. However, web hosting is nothing like paying rent for a home in the U.S.. It can probably be paid for, even by lower income people.

Isn't it the same thing all over the world when it comes to house rent cost? I don't think there anywhere it's cheap unless you're looking for houses in slums. The cost of house rent isn't in the same line with hosting fees. They are miles apart.

Smart smart move to make going for the server is causing the amount of sites you know you already have and what cost, you really thought it through

Your host shouldn't be able to dictate how many users can access your site based on what you pay for your hosting. You should never pay a host more in the hopes they give you more traffic in return. Hosts don't give you traffic, they are just there to host your site. You're responsible for finding ways of gaining said traffic. The more you have doesn't matter, it shouldn't make your host charge you more.

It's just the misconception most newbie in the webmaster section have with thinking that your Host is going to generate traffic for you but that's wrong. I guess that when they are in the business of running their website for a while, they will know that's not true. If you don't work for your traffic, you're not getting anything.

Isn't it the same thing all over the world when it comes to house rent cost? I don't think there anywhere it's cheap unless you're looking for houses in slums. The cost of house rent isn't in the same line with hosting fees. They are miles apart.
You got a point. Anyway, shared hosting is reasonable for anyone in the world. However, a VPS etc might be a different situation.

You got a point. Anyway, shared hosting is reasonable for anyone in the world. However, a VPS etc might be a different situation.

Most websites owners I know are making use of shared hosting and it's definitely working for them for all their online website management needs. If it's not a good service, those hosting companies won't be offering it and it keeps selling the way it does.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds