Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

To be or not to be?

Advertisement Placeholder
I'm neutral. If you mess up, you should be reminded not to break that rule again. Then, if you break the same rule, or a similar rule multiple times, than an infraction, ban, restriction or temp ban needs to occur to make it clear to the member that you're serious about enforcing the rules (unless you don't intend on enforcing the rules).

For me, it kind of depends on the seriousness of the situation.

If a person is harassing another member on the forum via PM, then I'm likely to take away that persons ability to PM others and I'll also issue a warning on their warning bar. If the person insists on harassing individuals around the forum, then they will more than likely be banned from the forum.

However, if a person makes a simple mistake where they've added a signature that was just a little bit too big then they will just get a friendly reminder to change it to something that is more appropriate in size.

I've always been super laid back when it comes to enforcing the rules. I have a very chill personality, so that's where that comes from. I don't care worked up about stuff too often. :p

At the same time, if someone crosses me and really makes me angry, I'll just go ahead and ban him. I don't take crap from people. :tearsofjoy:

I've always been super laid back when it comes to enforcing the rules. I have a very chill personality, so that's where that comes from. I don't care worked up about stuff too often. :yum:

At the same time, if someone crosses me and really makes me angry, I'll just go ahead and ban him. I don't take crap from people. :tearsofjoy:

Same here. My community doesn't have any rules, really, except obvious things, but if you're a ****, I will ban you.

It depends on the type of community.

For my own personal forums, I'm pretty laid back. I've always run general discussion forums, so it really isn't a huge deal if people break minor rules on there.

I've never been really hard about it. I'm laid back. I will give a reminder and then an infraction. If they hacked, I would ban them on the spot.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds