Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Thoughts on translated books?

Credits
I have heard a couple of times that a book loses something in translation. There are books such as War and Peace that many readers said it lost it's taste when it was translated from Russian language. I think when books are translated in verses, it should be accurate, but I don't know about now. Do you agree that there are some words that are lost when most books are translated from one language to another?

Advertisement Placeholder
Oh yes. Especially sometimes with different cultures, like in manga and stuff. Some are done well and others not so much.

I'm reading a book now that is translated into English from Japanese. I'm not sure if it looses anything in the translation because I don't know the Japanese language and I don't really know their culture well enough to answer that question.

However, this book that I'm reading it currently the 3rd book in the series and I enjoyed the first two books.

It is a good thing as it gets books out there, but varying from the original text can really hurt the story and theme. There do seem to be a lot of translated books that alter small details on purpose and ruin the book, but there is also the problem that languages and cultures are not always a 1:1 translation and Manga is a great example of how things sometimes have to be altered to work.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds