Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Thoughts on progressive user groups?

I am firmly of the belief that having a post count progression ladder is counterproductive for a site's members. And I say this as the person who was the first to hit the 50,000 and 75,000 post groups on a given site. Inevitably it breeds a clout-chasing mindset for many.
I do agree that now a days this is counter productive. The quality of posts would likely go down as people try to achieve these groups…. However the old days of doing this were always so fun!

Advertisement Placeholder
It was always counterproductive for that reason - the only reason anything has changed is because people have stopped putting in post counts by default, having figured out that going 'mobile first' means stripping out basically everything that isn't directly related to the content.

The worst part is when post count gets conflated with time spent on site, and with other things to form reputational mechanics; someone can have the most posts on a site but all it proves is that they've been there a while and have spent a lot of time there, not *necessarily* that what they had to say was correct...

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds