Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Thoughts on newly hired staff members trying to take over?

Website
www.wwehub.net
Credits
When it comes to running a forum, there will always come a time when you will need help running the forum, especially when things start to get busier and it is too much for you to handle on your own.

Many staff members come in and tend to help out as much as they can whilst keeping to their role and offering suggestions if they feel there are any, you do get staff members that come in and begin to take over to an extent and want more power in a quick amount of time.

What are your thoughts about this? Is it something you do not mind or is it an instant red flag for you?

Advertisement Placeholder
I have not seen anything like this happen in any forums where I am an owner, a staff, or just a normal user. However, I have seen some newly recruited staff being a little bossy on the existing staff and users, but I guess that is normal as he might be trying to impress the owner is he is a good staff.

I have not seen anything like this happen in any forums where I am an owner, a staff, or just a normal user. However, I have seen some newly recruited staff being a little bossy on the existing staff and users, but I guess that is normal as he might be trying to impress the owner is he is a good staff.

A new authority will definitely want to show that he or she is here to stay. It is never easy trying to get the other staff to get on with them. This is what many can term to be abuse of power. Unless there are situations where those ones start to show abuse of power, there is no need to worry much about how they go about trying to fix things anyways.

It might not always be a bad intention for the newly recruited staff to become busy, perhaps they are trying to show their importance and make the owner feel that he has made the right choice by hiring this person as a staff. In my opinion a lot of staff are only trying to impress the owner, instead of focusing on the real job

It's the kind of power which you allow any of your staff they are going to exert in the forum. If they don't have the account permission to take over anything, there's no way they would magically do it. Everything which happens with this kind of power hungry staff is all going to be pinned on you the forum owner to make it happen. If you noticed they are power hungry, clip their wings early.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds